Hh telecaster vs evh Wolfgang big decision to make.

• Thread starter Dave47857
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Torren61

Reaction score
The Telecaster was nearly perfect when it was introduced as the "Broadcaster" in 1950. The only thing that needed to be done to perfect it was a truss rod adjustment at the headstock, modernizing the pickup wiring and changing to fully adjustable saddles.

But I've played a flying V and they are not for me. I find them uncomfortable and unsightly, like tall fins on many of the automobiles from the same era. In my worthless opinion, the only guitar uglier than a Flying V is a reverse Flying V. To me, they belong in the "pointy guitars" category.

That's a good thing for people who love Vs because it means no competition from me when purchasing one. :lol:

Im247frogs

Reaction score
When I moved back to NYC about 8 years ago I was super excited to play a Wolfgang. I played one. Then I played a Music Man Axis. The MM had better sounding pickups and a better feeling neck. The neck on the Wolfgang was a little too bare for my taste, and a little too boat-neck-y, and I like boatnecks.
It really seems like the Wolfgang to have is the top of the range one, with the carved top. A little pricey tho.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Aside from both being ugly AF (personal pref) I cannot imagine how different two other guitars would potentially fill the hands then one built from the 1950s with all the ergos of a cinder block and one from the 1990s tailored to a guy who is spastically running all over the FB.
I love the feel of a Tele-style guitars. It's an instantly comfortable guitar to me; I think that is part of the long standing popularity too- besides the tones they get of course. So many great players have used them. They just have an easy playing feel.
Upper access is a bit tough of course.
Never understood those who whine about the lack of contours???

The Telecaster was nearly perfect when it was introduced as the "Broadcaster" in 1950. The only thing that needed to be done to perfect it was a truss rod adjustment at the headstock, modernizing the pickup wiring and changing to fully adjustable saddles.

But I've played a flying V and they are not for me. I find them uncomfortable and unsightly, like tall fins on many of the automobiles from the same era. In my worthless opinion, the only guitar uglier than a Flying V is a reverse Flying V. To me, they belong in the "pointy guitars" category.

That's a good thing for people who love Vs because it means no competition from me when purchasing one. :lol:
V to me is Lonny Mack.

hqdefault.jpg

unlike the clipped toenail with the flaccid uncircumcised cock (or Larry the Cable Guy bottle opener) HS. 😁
What? It looks like a dick? That's kind of weird, dude. ;-)
images

In al seriousness though- 6 on the side tuners is the best. imo