Holding my pick

• Thread starter realtorrich
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

realtorrich

Reaction score
Never tried this but I do use different Fred Kelly picks.

PS good for you for not giving up and looking for a way. Keep up the fight.
I actually just tried these and they work well. Bit of a learning curve for sure and I wish the large size was a bit larger.
did a search for "finger pick pick" & came up w/ all sorts of styles of finger picks...

This one looks semi-promising:

9a23b2fb-3239-43e0-8e39-3a9197ad56f1_1.c119009c37c1c23fe9be3d81f31185ae.jpeg

to hold standard pick style...

here's more to look through:

I have tried a lot of finger picks, most are very stiff. That’s great for solos but for rhythm they tend to grab the strings on the upstrokes. The Bumblebee is real close I just wish they were a little larger. Thank you so much for your response.
Never tried this but I do use different Fred Kelly picks.

PS good for you for not giving up and looking for a way. Keep up the fight.
Thank you for your support and the time you spent helping me. Much appreciated.
I know what you mean man! MS affects my hands as well and luckily for me, skateboard grip tape applied to each side of the pick reduces how often the pick "spins" while playing. Doesn't do anything to help dropping them though. I've tried thumb picks and they didn't work for me.

This disease affects everyone differently, let us know what ends up working best for you.
Thanks for the reply. I just used the skateboard tape, works amazingly!! I’ve tried everything (apparently not that tape though 😄). Thank you so much, I was ready to sell all my stuff. I hope your condition doesn’t get any worse, God bless.

realtorrich

Reaction score
Damn that stinks, sorry Bud. With everything you've done, trying different pick choices for better purchase seems like a good plan. And the looped picks people have recommended seem like a good option. I play Dunlop Big Stubby 3.0mm made of Lexan these days for there ease to grip to me and still provide a good picking edge. The grooved center is nice and they make them in nylon if you want to try them. Seeing that you like flexibility in a pick though, the 1.0mm nylons might work for you. Then you might try using a rubber band. Positioning the pick in your hand as you can and than use a rubber band to wrap around your pick holding index finger and thumb to hold the pick in place. Maybe with the Gorilla snot it might be enough.

5373baad4829bf610b2cc52473015e30.jpg

iu

iu

iu
Thank you for the advice. Someone recommended skateboard tape, it works perfectly. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. Someone recommended skateboard tape, it works perfectly. Thanks again for taking the time to help.
Absolutely, I just wanted to be helpful if I could. I'm glad you found a fix. That you can play and get enjoyment from it is all that matters.

Rocktane

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I just used the skateboard tape, works amazingly!! I’ve tried everything (apparently not that tape though 😄). Thank you so much, I was ready to sell all my stuff. I hope your condition doesn’t get any worse, God bless.

Awesome! Glad it helped and thank you for the nice words!

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
Don't forget to try the Herco's I posted in a link before. They are your standard sized pick and are more flexible than a Jazz 3.