• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

homa caster - WTB

• Thread starter mattoreg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mattoreg

Reaction score
I'm searching for one gold homa caster for my 1975/6 cab. I have the cup, I just need the rest.

Thank you.

soundboy57

Reaction score
Hold on...
I am looking in to getting the exact casters made from the original tooling and molds in the UK...the same 73 to 83 casters, in black, gold, red, silver, etc.

Pretty exciting to find the guy who bought out Homa's old tooling in the UK, and I am in touch through a friend...
getting some samples soon

mattoreg

Reaction score
Thanks Clammy, yeah I've been thinking about that. Maybe... One is wasted and the other is useable but missing its stud. There's a guy on ebay selling the studs, but when you add it all up that about $56 for one beat up partial caster. I was hoping someone here might have better option for me. Please anyone?

soundboy57

Reaction score
Nobody is going to break up a set just to do you a favor and be stuck with 3 of them.
Finding a less than perfect one or two, and refurbishing them, etc,
is sometimes what it takes.
If you have $40-$50 in to it, consider you have a matched set now, worth
3-4 times that.

Did you contact that guy in the UK that is reproducing them?
I think I sent you the contact info by PM, if I remember correctly.

:D

Last edited:

johnfv

Reaction score
My buddy Brian was digging around in his junk drawer the other day and came up with a Homa caster. He's pretty confident it is from his early '70s Super Lead (sold long ago), I was shocked he still had one. He told me to take it, I'll get a picture of it soon and see what the experts here can tell us. It is missing the threaded stud and a bit scratched but in decent working condition. He thinks he might have the others around "somewhere" for now he only has the one. I do happen to have pictures of the amp from back in the day:
4741d1298324416-you-dirty-dirty-girl-denversg.jpg

Latest posts