How can I make my American Deluxe Stratocaster (2008) sound more like a Telecaster?

• Thread starter Crispus E. Shays
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

poeman33

Reaction score
Re: How can I make my American Deluxe Stratocaster (2008) sound more like a Telecaste

Please Please Please don't ruin your American Deluxe Strat. If you really want a Tele, sell your Strat and get one. I wouldn't suggest trading it in, unless you know a store that will actually give you a fair price. An American Deluxe Ash Strat is too beautiful an instrument to start trying to make it a half-assed Tele. You can easily sell it for enough to buy a new, or used Tele.

MajorNut1967

Reaction score
Re: How can I make my American Deluxe Stratocaster (2008) sound more like a Telecaste

Please Please Please don't ruin your American Deluxe Strat. If you really want a Tele, sell your Strat and get one. I wouldn't suggest trading it in, unless you know a store that will actually give you a fair price. An American Deluxe Ash Strat is too beautiful an instrument to start trying to make it a half-assed Tele. You can easily sell it for enough to buy a new, or used Tele.

is there some insane collectible value with these guitars or are they extremely rare? or is it just another massmarketed Stratocaster from Fender?

GIBSON67

Reaction score

I agree, you'll probably have some left over cash for BEER!

poeman33

Reaction score

is there some insane collectible value with these guitars or are they extremely rare? or is it just another massmarketed Stratocaster from Fender?

It's not about monetary or collectible value. It's about ruining a beautiful instrument for no purpose, trying to make it something it is not, wasn't designed to be, or never will be. We are not talking about an Indonesian Squier...he's talking about an American Deluxe.

jvm210guy

Reaction score

Tele1.jpg

Sorry bro, but You're going to have to bite the bullet with this one. You cannot emulate the tele sound...

StootMonster

Reaction score

And if you need us to, we can all repost again that you just need a tele. LOL

MajorNut1967

Reaction score

It's not about monetary or collectible value. It's about ruining a beautiful instrument for no purpose, trying to make it something it is not, wasn't designed to be, or never will be. We are not talking about an Indonesian Squier...he's talking about an American Deluxe.

Hmmm? If he really thought it to be an outstanding guitar, I don't think he would have asked the question in the first place and it is his guitar. Now I hear some of you guys here saying, “The wood in the body is different than a Strat and the neck is so much different than a strat!” the only real difference in the necks is the neck pocket shape & the heel of the neck is the fundamental difference. And what different woods did they use body or neck wise that was different then the Strat? The major sound difference between the two is the pickups & the wiring. So see your points.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score

I have one of these, a real one I got it after I saw pat Travers using it and loved the sound !

Your absolutely right. I was a stage hand at a Pat Travers show (with Pat Thrall) and he played one of these as his main axe. It was in Oklahoma City in 1978. I was in the Air Force, but worked on the side for a sound company. Tommy Aldridge was the drummer, but he an Thrall left after a while. Very short lived line up.

Oh the good old days.

MajorNut1967

Reaction score

Your absolutely right. I was a stage hand at a Pat Travers show (with Pat Thrall) and he played one of these as his main axe. It was in Oklahoma City in 1978. I was in the Air Force, but worked on the side for a sound company. Tommy Aldridge was the drummer, but he an Thrall left after a while. Very short lived line up.

Oh the good old days.

Thats choice bro! he really opened a new door for me.

Wycked Lester

Reaction score

wire your neck pickup to an on off switch, that way you can turn it on, put your pu selector on bridge, and have the bridge/neck combo that tele's are famous for,....its not exact but it will get ya close to similar.

Crispus E. Shays

Reaction score

LOL I love my American Deluxe Strat. by "what can I do" I don't mean take a drill to it and install a back plate a la Fender Teles. I mean how can I fix the EQ or what pedals can I use, tricks, or whatever. Oh well. One of these days, when I get out of college and get my law degree, and work for several years, then shall I get a Fender Telecaster. I'll report back here in a few years when I get it =]

madmmx

Reaction score

Sell the strat and find yourself an American Nashville Tele. You get the best of both worlds with 3 pickups. You get the killer tele bridge and the in between positions of a strat. You would just be loosing a trem

MajorNut1967

Reaction score

sell the strat and find yourself an american nashville tele. You get the best of both worlds with 3 pickups. You get the killer tele bridge and the in between positions of a strat. You would just be loosing a trem

l"ol

CaptainZero

Reaction score

I'd just keep what you have and wait to get the Tele. When was the last time you heard someone say "I wish I would have sold my American Strat", or any other guitar for that matter.

thetragichero

Reaction score

Oh well. One of these days, when I get out of college and get my law degree, and work for several years, then shall I get a Fender Telecaster. I'll report back here in a few years when I get it =]

don't need to wait that long
i'm a college dropout and i have a ton of partscasters, including a tele

Wycked Lester

Reaction score

I dig the shit out of some spanky tele, but I'l never picked one up with a neck I didn't hate. A tele with a strat neck would be cool

twitchylizard

Reaction score

I dig the shit out of some spanky tele, but I'l never picked one up with a neck I didn't hate. A tele with a strat neck would be cool

I have played alot of teles that had shitty necks, but the one I just bought has a fuckin great neck. U just gotta find a diamond in the rough, and the rough is pretty goddam fuckin huge!

Latest posts