• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

How can I not think it's drugs?

• Thread starter end user
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
What about groupies? He got through quite a bunch or so I've heard. BTW I won't hear a word against Frank. THE great genius of his generation.

100% agreed about Frank's genius! Huge fan since circa '72. People back then thought I was a real weirdo for being into his music! And they probably weren't too far off base..:naughty:

I have an awesome bio on him..It talked about the groupies quite a bit, the GTO's and all the "professional" groupies from the day hung out with Frank and The Mothers, they actually helped make those girls famous (or infamous, depending on one's point of view!) by writing songs about them. Some of the other band members interviewed in the bio said he was a very tough taskmaster to work for who tolerated no nonsense whatsoever, but he would let the girls, who were constantly hanging out at both the studio and at live gigs, run all over him!

He was constantly policing his band for drug use, and he had a pretty valid reason for it..I read an interview with him back in the late 70's in which he said that they traveled to so many different countries that had such extremely harsh penalties for drug possession that they couldn't take a chance on getting busted, and much of the time if one band member got busted they would automatically go ahead and bust everyone in the band.

The same thing can apply for a band traveling to gigs in the states, even these days..We now have legal weed here in Montana, but if one gets caught with a relatively small amount just over the state line in either Wyoming or Idaho, they will find themselves in a fair amount of trouble! Crazy.

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I watched Santana's interview with Dan Rather recently and he said it was mushrooms, or a derivative of them.

He also added "I wish I had some now!" :lol:

one of the reasons i cant stand him. any interview ive seen or read he mostly wants to talk about the drugs he was
doing or has done. he cant help but to bring it up IN EVERY INTERVIEW. no matter the original topic either.
his proudest accomplishment it seems.

DaDoc

Reaction score
one of the reasons i cant stand him. any interview ive seen or read he mostly wants to talk about the drugs he was
doing or has done. he cant help but to bring it up IN EVERY INTERVIEW. no matter the original topic either.
his proudest accomplishment it seems.

He's a very spiritual fellow..:hippie:

Seriously though, if memory serves it was Dan Rather who brought the subject up..Carlos answered him, and they moved on.

DaDoc

Reaction score
It was on "The Big Interview With Dan Rather" which has been a long-running series on the AXSTV channel. I'm sure it can be re-watched on youtube or somewhere..Good show, depending of course on who he happens to have on that night.

Last edited:

Latest posts