How do you afford your gear guys??

• Thread starter ItsChrispyTv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ItsChrispyTv

Reaction score
Im 15, and i look at you guys and i'm like WHAT THE FUCK!!?!? how can you all afford this many amps and guitars and so on, i know some of you only own a small amount like me but then i see others who have plexis and what not and not just one like 4? I've seen people with like 10 amps in one room and a fudge load of guitars!
I was just seeing how you all make your money and buy that gear!

Frankie

Reaction score
Hard work. I was a big computer geek in high school, so now at 28 I'm a pretty high level computer engineer. All that time I spent playing around on the computer and not getting pussy in high school has paid off 10 fold later in life.

mike mike

Reaction score
Dude seriously? How can you be complaining. You are 15 years old. Most of the people on this forum are over 21 and have jobs. That's how you afford thugs. Get a job and save money! Your a 15 year and have a vintage modern. Your not exactly doing bad. Didn't we talk about this on the other thread already??

Ps, MM54, Tonefreak, and I are all 17 and have amassed nice amounts of gear by being frugal, I suggest you do the same.

Btw, stop buying video gams. That is a huge waste of money unless you are ok with your current set up

jaek

Reaction score
Get a job? Being 16 and having a Marshall DSL halfstack didn't happen from sitting on my ass.....I worked as a garden keeper and mowed lawns and worked my ass off to get what I have......

seth

Reaction score
i work my nuts off.
if you save $25 a week you'll have enough $ on hand for a sick amp in less than a year.

Marshallhead

Reaction score
I've been playing for 30 years and working for 28 of those. When I started and had no money, I worried more about learning to play than thinking about gear I couldn't afford, and spent time figuring out how my £45 guitar worked, and how I could improve it's playability and sound. Fret dressing and pickup replacement were some of my first learnings. Are you a killer player yet? If not practise, don't worry about your gear. Believe me, none if the people in the audience give a damn about your gear!

jeffster

Reaction score
Work your ass off and make good choices, plain and simple. My best advice is save for what you want but also don't try and keep up with anyone else. There is always going to be someone with more money, more gear, etc. I make a pretty darn good money but my guitar and amp collection is no where near where some of these guys are, and that's cool. I have what makes me happy and I worked very hard for it and I don't owe anything on any of my gear.

safc78

Reaction score
1. Join a band who get paid to play music on a Saturday night (pubs/clubs, general covers etc)
2. Save all the money you get paid for a year by putting it in one of those savings cans that you have to open with a tin opener.
3. After a year, open it and buy some cool stuff you've had your eye on.

This is what I do

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
Think about it. If I'm TWIN75Cent then I'm really A BUCK FITTY....

:lol::lol: TWIN

NO. If inflation is up than it takes more money to buy. If you were 75cents and inflation goes up your value goes down.

I really am sorry Twin 48.5cents. But hey, your lawn is thawing out nicely.

mike mike

Reaction score
Exactly! Spend your time practicing and getting better so you can justify getting more gear, and GET A JOB! new gear isn't going to make you sound better if you can't play for shit.