• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

How to remove light dust from cabs

• Thread starter Back to Marshall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm starting to get dust on my Amp Head and cabinets (black). I'm wondering how others remove the dust without rubbing it in or discoloring the cab.
These are the 1960 A and B Lead cabinets.
Thanks. Karl

Reaction score
Are we just talking about regular old household dust?
Swiffer. :yesway:
Yes, just dust, not grime. I was wondering about some anti-static rag or duster. Wasn't sure if they would lift the dust or not. I want to get it off before it gets worse, but it's not to the point I need to be spraying something on the Tolex or a rag yet.

RLW59

Reaction score
Any of the methods mentioned so far will work.

I like a microfiber terrycloth dry wash towel, so I'm picking up and capturing the dust instead of just knocking it off so it settles on some other surface.

But feather dusters and soft-bristle paint brushes work too.

Tooth brushes are great for getting into corners and crevices.

TheOtherEric

Reaction score
I'll just add that since it's vinyl, like any other vinyl, periodically wiping down with a vinyl protectant (with UV protection) is wise. 303 Protectant and Lexol Vinylex are both great products. And use cleaning solutions only when absolutely necessary.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
I'm starting to get dust on my Amp Head and cabinets (black). I'm wondering how others remove the dust without rubbing it in or discoloring the cab.
These are the 1960 A and B Lead cabinets.
Thanks. Karl
Here's my little secret for gear I buy brand new and intend to keep in "NIB" condition.

Every 1-2 weeks, and NO liquids, not even water.

iu

Sometimes I even feather dust myself too, while I'm at it.

Last edited:

stratburst

Reaction score
What everyone else said above but DO NOT use amoral or anything with silicone in it. It will attract dust like flies to roadkill and most importantly it will cause the tolex and anything plastic to lose plasticity and become brittle over time. It may may your gear look new but you will regret it. Nasty sh*t!

TheKman76

Reaction score
Maybe I'm doin' it wrong, but shouldn't the question be "How do I remove enough (*insert random rock'n'roll fueled mayhem juice here*) so that I can still sell it?"

You know, beer and Nachos, drummer sweat, roadie elbow grease, etc. Shattered glass from a stage light... that happened once.

Dirty-D

Reaction score
wet the tolex hit it with a toothbrush then BLOT DRY don't wipe it blot it that definately works

Latest posts