I done do'ed it DSL100HR

• Thread starter Sg-ocaster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger on a DSL100HR head tonight. Pretty syked to get it when it comes in. Ill try it out stock but most likely will add in a 180pf bright cap and swap the V1B cathode resistor to 2.7K as I did on my baby DSL.
I have a Laney 4x12 that seems to be a clone of a Marshall 1960A that a buddy gave me. Its all birch ply with mdf back and looks internaly identical to my old 1960. From 10 feet back it looks like a Marshalll cab, till you realize the tolex is differant and the handles are metal. Sooooooooo(far)I bought 2x G12-65 Heritages for that. Now Im figureing if I want 4xG12-65 or "X" pattern um with greenbacks.
Been 5yrs since I was forced to sell my 2210 and basketweave straight cab I had. This is gonna be so nice on larger stages...I've been stuck infront of my 1x12 so it'll be nice to have a little wider coverage area and some Ooomph again.

svinyard

Reaction score
Nice! What does that V1b cathode swap do for it?

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Lowers the gain on Ulltra channel, mellows the tone more classic.
Anyways, I went straight up g12-65 heritage. Got two of um as scratch and dent from musicians freind for approx $35 off each, one open box from them for $15 off and last one I paid the shot for.
Ofcourse this means a mega tube rolling session :lol: Have to dust off yee'ole box of ole'tubes.
For now I can star cleaning and dolling up the old cab and prepairing for divorce........and also take those horrid H&H speakers out of if...so she has something to throw at me. :D :facepalm:

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
So the amp doesnt come with footswitch. I probably wont use it anyways as I have a 2 button Marshall switch I dont use now.
But so I know what does the fancy 6 button switch control on the DSL100HR. What does each switch do?

BTW befor I opted for this rig I was looking into a JCM900 50W MKIII combo on ebay from japan, but it turned out to be a 100V mains model.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
So the amp doesnt come with footswitch. I probably wont use it anyways as I have a 2 button Marshall switch I dont use now.
But so I know what does the fancy 6 button switch control on the DSL100HR. What does each switch do?

BTW befor I opted for this rig I was looking into a JCM900 50W MKIII combo on ebay from japan, but it turned out to be a 100V mains model.

Suppose to. Sounds like someone swiped the footswitch. The bastards.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score

The 6 button footswitch controls (L-R), 1. Clean, 2. Crunch, 3. OD1, 4. OD2, 5. MV 1/2, 6.Loop on/off. There is a memory function that remembers what setting was last used with buttons 1-4, e.g whether the loop was on or off and which Master Volume was on.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Got the head today. Played it through my 3x12 cab......wait WHAT!?!?! a 3x12??? Yea....still waiting on one G12-65 to show up, so I split the cab in stereo popped the back on with no screws and played it through half a cab(2x12)for a few.
Had to play low in the house but its nice to play through a 100W'er again. That 4x el34 bottum end bouce has been sorely missed.
However I did hear a pop after a few minutes of play. No smell and amp worked well for another 15-20min. Played it later and heard a slight PIP/POP so Im thinking it may need power tubes. Which is fine I know enough to retube a used amp anyways. Gonna play it more over the weekend to make sure all is well other than the accasional pop, which should help me determine if its tubes for sure.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Cool Thanks Ill check it out. I mainly use OD1 but I may want that switch anyways for the master boost and things.

svinyard

Reaction score
The footswitch is def badass considering the versatility of the amp. It remembers which master volume and FX loop on/off for each of the 4 channels and allows you to adjust on the fly. The cable is also 8 million miles long so you can use it across the street if need be.

Cool Thanks I’ll check it out. I mainly use OD1 but I may want that switch anyways for the master boost and things.

Latest posts