• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

I don't normally make fun of music in any way...but man...

• Thread starter chuckelator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chuckelator

Reaction score
This is just plain BAAAAAAD.

Now, I'm not a huge hip hop fan, but the original Gangsta's Paradise is a decent, catchy tune, with fitting lyrics.....but then these douchebags decided to cover it (and I'm assuming Coolio gave it the thumbs up, as he's in the video...which makes me sad) I'll say this...if you make it through the entire thing, you deserve a reward for bravery.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcTaAHXxmk8]Falling In Reverse - Gangstas Paradise (Punk Goes 90s Vol 2) - YouTube[/ame]

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
Chuck don't feel bad .... i got your back here ..... some stuff these days is just plain bad , i'm not sure how it ever gets recorded and put out for sale .

This is a good case indeed .

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
eh, i think it's kinda funny.

they are a pretty popular act these days. i wouldn't buy it but i'm not into covers so much anyway.

also, i made it through the whole thing, i chuckled a few good ones and even got a belly laugh and an embarrassed facepalm and head shake in ;)

but again i thought it was eh. wouldn't probably listen to it on purpose again or anything but it's not my thing.

i'm more into modern metal and by that i don't mean nu metal....that's from before i even started playing guitar (circa 2001 END of nu metal)

levon

Reaction score
This is just plain BAAAAAAD.

Now, I'm not a huge hip hop fan, but the original Gangsta's Paradise is a decent, catchy tune, with fitting lyrics.....but then these douchebags decided to cover it (and I'm assuming Coolio gave it the thumbs up, as he's in the video...which makes me sad) I'll say this...if you make it through the entire thing, you deserve a reward for bravery.

Falling In Reverse - Gangstas Paradise (Punk Goes 90s Vol 2) - YouTube

Chuck, you do realize that (Un)Coolio lifted his Gangsta's Paradise Crap from Stevie Wonder, do you? It is Stevie Wonder who should give the thumbs up. But I agree, this is even worse...

CaptainZero

Reaction score
Made it to :52. If you wouldn't have told me, I wouldn't have known it wasn't the original. It's all garbage.

Far Rider

Hendrixian
VIP Member
Reaction score
It might be. I heard a comedian say it once. Forget who it was though.

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:D I say we need another WAY MORE EXTENSIVE East Coast/West Coast WAR.

I'd actually contribute to arm them to the Teeth. Maybe they could wipe each other off the face of the Earth.

It's NOT that I hate RAP....

Wait a minute I lied.

I DO HATE RAP. I see absolutely NO VALUE in it as a Music Form, or the People involved in it.

:D:D TWIN

delstele

Reaction score
Here's the deal with music these days. A band back in the day had the opportunity and support to build up slow and gather a following have a chance to polish the craft so to speak. Now we have none of that. In today's music biz they just toss most of it out with no support \ production.

When a band does have a some talent has a few good tunes the songs get played so much people are so sick of hearing said band.. Truly sad!