I want a strat style LP any suggestions

• Thread starter G the wildman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnH

Reaction score
I love the sound of a bridge humbucker and a neck single. My two best guitars are a '91 Gibson LP Studio, and '10 Fender HSS Am. Special Strat.

Both are really good and both can meet those needs, using a coil-split on the LP neck. For the bridge pickups, both have alnico himbuckers, no cover, at about 8k. I can definitely set them into the same tonal range, but the LP just has a bit more b0llocks than the Strat. At the neck, where I'm wanting a single, the Tx.Sp on the Strat is outstanding, and the coil split on the LP is surprisingly good, but a tad less 'edge' and 'sparkle'.

Electrically, I'm loading both effectively the same using the pots.

So I think there is something fundamentally different in Strat vs LP, beyond just the pickups and controls. I suspect it's the scale length and the greater mass and stiffness of the LP body design. But both can play well in each other's playground when needed.

thesunship

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just love to play my American Strat Delux the neck fits my hand like a glove. But I also really dig the sound of my 2020 60s style Gibson LP.

Please suggest something for me that you think will give me the LP power but Strat playability.

I am very aware of the Suhr Modern but do not feel it has the power.

G
Call warmouth about their necks, they probably have something strat like which can fit on an lp body