Ibanez RG550 Genesis

• Thread starter Richie612
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
The Sabre is nice! < @Vinsanitizer would never like that by his thin as a ruler neck standards.

Reverse HS guitars look great.
565's get closer to the 570 series, a little different to the 550 as you move up through the 700s.
565.jpg

IMO The 500-700 RG models are some of the best series offered to any level player musician. The 80s and 90s models reigned and is nice to see these reissues come back . (wondering how close they are.; perhaps some member here has checked them out?)
cant pass up a oldschool to save my life.

junk notes

Reaction score
The S1 pickup in the middle position, what's the deal with it?!

It seems to be noiseless but I can't find anything about its description to say so.

Not complaining at all I just wonder how Ibanez can make them so quiet (if it's not noiseless)
A stock Ibanez S1 pickup is a singlecoil A5 / 9.7k. Older Ibanez models referred to the Super 8A.
Fender style singlecoils have two leads, where the Ibanez S1 has the 2 leads insulated with a ground mesh, helping to quiet down the pickup.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
Ive got a mid-1990's RG570 thats fun to play.
I dont think Ibanez makes a bad guitar!
The inexpensive GAX70 is one of my favorites, and they can be found for next to nothing!

Latest posts