• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

If We Had The Peavey.....

• Thread starter AlvisX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricksconnected

Reaction score
oh I know. I was gonna bust on ya for being waaaay to late on that one but
we can cut ya some slack. at least ya showed up right. :agreed:
the food is all gone but there are a few warm beers left. ;)

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
yeah, I've had a lot on my plate recently, so my time has been hectic. Hopefully things will settle down here before too long.

RobLaQuinta

Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear you say it's not built to repair. I've never had trouble breaking into a Peavey to get at the components. My Firebass 700 is a beast, but the tech at Peavey that talked to me over the phone knew exactly what to do, had the part number memorized, and told me exactly what was going on.

I used to sell Peavey stuff in the late 70s and 80s and would cringe when I sold some unsuspecting guitar player (sometimes a generous title...) a Deuce or a Mace, as I thought they were sub-standard amps, compared to the Fender and Marshall amps of the same time. But, they were less than half the price. I sold a Mace stack once simply because it was taller than the Marshall. New Peavey is light years ahead of old Peavey. Especially the new Peavey stuff designed to replicate old stuff...

Wildeman

Reaction score
What 's that, about 200 watts of bad tone ......? :)

I have a couple Peavey bass amps from that era,including my 1st amp
Reliable. functional ,utilitarian sh^t !!
Just a funny pic. I just sold my Century bass head, sounded killer but i wasn't usin it. I shouldn't even say this but i got talked out of the SF Champ my big brother gave me as my first amp by a "friend" in trade for a Rage! It had built in distortion! I know man, i was 12.

Coronado

Reaction score

Which Peavey are those? The reason I ask is because my sister in law just found a Peavey that looks exactly like the one in the picture - she found it at a pawn show in Canton Texas (about 45 from Dallas) for 9 bucks. HA! So, she picked it up for me (she sent me a pic via text, so I can barely see it), thinking for 9 bucks, why not? :yesway: Thought it would be fun to tinker with.

Philip Lyon

Reaction score
@Coronado
Those amps are Peavey Decade Solid State with Saturation effect - one input socket for Normal, the other for Saturation overdrive effect, 4558 op amps I believe as per Tube Screamer.
A 10 Watt early 80s amp with an 8 inch speaker and a 12v socket on the back so you can run it from a car battery with the right cable !!!!

Coronado

Reaction score
@Coronado
Those amps are Peavey Decade Solid State with Saturation effect - one input socket for Normal, the other for Saturation overdrive effect, 4558 op amps I believe as per Tube Screamer.
A 10 Watt early 80s amp with an 8 inch speaker and a 12v socket on the back so you can run it from a car battery with the right cable !!!!

Excellent! Thank you! Should be fun to play around with and test my lousy Tech skills!

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had one of those Decades, bought it brand new in the Fall of '82. Indeed, I used to plug it into the lighter socket and play in the bed of the '74 Ranchero......

Apparently ,I have a long history with Peavey ,something I keep suppressed deep within my psyche ;)

New Years gig with Jimbo Mathus '13/14 somewhere in Mississippi,with combo version of a MKIII

BTW, the Peavey quote in my sig ,as a couple of y'all figured out , is
from Joan Jett in the cinematic epic , LIGHT OF DAY.

Last edited:

slide222

Reaction score
I brought a peavey solo combo , a battery 10 watts or 15 watts with a electric adapter, an amp that has a mic channel and a guitar/instrument channel , and I use it when its late and it does have a nice clean channel , so I have become a peavey fan over time and its great if you need a micro pa too - I did busk with it once at a vw festival, and played guitar and sung tru the mic channel and it worked brilliantly

it is heavy tho and has 8 off D batteries in it , but they do last forever

Last edited: