I'm a little butthurt about stranger things

• Thread starter nickfox
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eric'45

Reaction score
iu
It even says 'Boutique' on it, in glowing letters!
That two- digit digital display reminds me of the zoom thingy I had... with a wah Pedal!

Last edited:

Eric'45

Reaction score
This has turned into the "Show me the crappy Multi FX Pedal you once owned- Thread". 😂
But these are kinda strange things, for the most part, so it still fits the theme.

leadImage_G21u_0.png

PelliX

Reaction score
Almost every gun scene, after they shoot 45 rounds out of a striker fired semi auto pistol, it goes click,click,click,click, when it’s empty.

Hit a car with a bullet once - it explodes. However, you're perfectly safe from bullets hiding behind a car door. Neither is accurate.

Don't get me started on the "computer game" interfaces for anytime a 'hacker' is involved or 'the network perimeter is breached'.

GregM

Reaction score
I didn't mind the fender . I'm still struggling to see where the power comes from though .
Dustin jacks it into an extension cord , but there is no extension cord going through the hole in the roof ...
And I still cringe everytime I see a backpack full of Molotov cocktails getting thrown onto the mattress .

PelliX

Reaction score
I didn't mind the fender . I'm still struggling to see where the power comes from though .
Dustin jacks it into an extension cord , but there is no extension cord going through the hole in the roof ...
And I still cringe everytime I see a backpack full of Molotov cocktails getting thrown onto the mattress .

Molotov cocktails would only break, not explode. Dumb, but not suicidal, I guess...

Not half as dumb as the scenes in Demolition Man (yes, with a title like that, you think they would do just a little homework) where they shoot at barrels of C4 (?) and they explode (???). Great film, nonetheless.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
They should have sprung for a Peavey Blazer. I mean it was upscale to the Peavey Rage because the Blazer had reverb.

I think almost everyone had a Bandit in those days. If I had owned a Bandit, it would have been worth 3x the guitar I had then lol

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get me started on the "computer game" interfaces for anytime a 'hacker' is involved or 'the network perimeter is breached'.

Just hack in with Kali.
ACCESS GRANTED

playloud

Reaction score
A Twin Reverb on 10 is a great tone. I had a '68 that use to make a ceiling baffle vibrate in the studio we rehearsed in (none of our Marshalls did that!)

I'd take a Twin over a Boogie any day!

You're right. It could have been much worse... :)

And I'm a little bit ashamed to say that I own this...

View attachment 112913

Vintage! Make sure you hold onto it so you can sell it to the art dept when they inevitably make "Stranger Things 2000" in a decade or so.

PelliX

Reaction score
Just hack in with Kali.
ACCESS GRANTED

This is one of the red flags during job interviews. Everybody and their uncle is an infosec expert, of course. Generally there is a moment of silence when I kindly ask them what makes Kali so special... :D

Obi Plexi-nobi

Reaction score
Remember- They are in the 'Upside-Down' world. So it makes sense that he would be playing Fenders and Peaveys instead of Marshalls... :lol::dude:🎸🎸

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of the red flags during job interviews. Everybody and their uncle is an infosec expert, of course. Generally there is a moment of silence when I kindly ask them what makes Kali so special... :D

"...what makes Kali so special..."
Mr. Robot!

"...what makes Kali so special..."
Penetration testing. You know, basic, free, tools that can be used with any other distro.

Sent from my not-security-hardened debian-based desktop.

PelliX

Reaction score
Would it surprise you to hear that I've literally had the "Mr Robot" answer? I don't watch television, so I had to google it the first time after the interview, but I figured it was something like that. I recall a scene from the series where he and some other guy are in a datacenter, talking to each other normally while a few aisles apart. Fat chance. :D

Penetration testing. You know, basic, free, tools that can be used with any other distro.

Hahaha, exactly that. It's not ~2000 anymore, wireless extensions are enabled by default in the kernel :rofl:

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
You're right. It could have been much worse... :)

And I'm a little bit ashamed to say that I own this...

View attachment 112913
Oh man, I remember when Guitar Center had a really big pedal area with a bunch of demo stations and they had a pod station. Every time I went there was like a line of guitarist waiting to try it and everyone that did use it would go on about how amazing it was. I finally found a chance to try one once and thought it was absolutely incredible, all those different amps, tones and effects in that little unit! They were so expensive at least to me as a teenager... Luckily over the years I forgot about it and heard nothing but hate for the pods and really anything Line6.

My best childhood friend's father picked up a full Line6 stack... Wow! We all thought it was amazing. I recall him being so impressed by all the amp tones and explaing to me how accurately it sounded to the real amps and I swear I recall him saying it even sounded better than the real amps.... Different times I guess haha.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Oh man, I remember when Guitar Center had a really big pedal area with a bunch of demo stations and they had a pod station. Every time I went there was like a line of guitarist waiting to try it and everyone that did use it would go on about how amazing it was. I finally found a chance to try one once and thought it was absolutely incredible, all those different amps, tones and effects in that little unit! They were so expensive at least to me as a teenager... Luckily over the years I forgot about it and heard nothing but hate for the pods and really anything Line6.

My best childhood friend's father picked up a full Line6 stack... Wow! We all thought it was amazing. I recall him being so impressed by all the amp tones and explaing to me how accurately it sounded to the real amps and I swear I recall him saying it even sounded better than the real amps.... Different times I guess haha.
shit they are cheap enough. get you one and relive the moments bro.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
shit they are cheap enough. get you one and relive the moments bro.
Dude that's actually a really good idea haha.

I'll never forget when I first hopped on one someone before me had an octave setting with like 4 or 5 octaves, sounded like an orchestra... Blew my mind! Granted at the time I had a Peavey Bandit and Marshall MG15 and no pedals haha

Latest posts