I'm in uncharted territory...streaming TV

• Thread starter DirtySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
we had been using Xfinity Comcast for our Cable TV, and our internet services for about 2 years (prior to that, we had RCN), and were paying somewhere around $238 a month (not counting the extra money we were spending on a Disney+ subscription)... it was a promotional deal that was expiring soon, which would've caused our monthly rate to increase by $35, and then 6 months later, increase by another $35... we had already started using an Amazon Fire Stick about a year prior, so at the end of this promotion, we were thinking about dropping Cable TV completely and switch over to streaming all our TV watching... we found out that for just internet service only, our monthly rate would've only dropped down to like, $200.

that wasn't good enough, so we decided to make the switch from Xfinity Comcast, to Astound RCN for internet service only, and rely on our Fire Stick ... now I think we're only paying something like $120 or $130 per month... for most of our TV shows & movie watching, we got a subscription to YouTubeTV. we're able to watch like 90% of everything we would normally watch on Cable TV (including live TV shows, and live news programming), plus we have subscriptions to HBOMax, Disney+, and Netflix, and with everything combined, we are still saving something like $70 or $80 per month, compared to having Xfinity Comcast with internet + Cable TV... with the exception of a rare, occasional glitch (which does not happen often at all), we're pretty happy streaming ALL of our TV watching. I would never go back to Cable TV. we're actually in the process of trying to get my sister in law and mother in law to do the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts