Iron gear pickups

• Thread starter trigmachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trigmachine

Reaction score
I put these in my strat a few days ago and they're very good especially for the price, i'd like to try them next to SD hotrails which I also liked but they're more than double the price.

IronGear Jailhouse Rail

has anyone else here used them? I think i'l put a set in my next build!

captcoolaid

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good things about these. Never had a set but have heard good things none the less. Is the price per pickup. Still not bad but just curious.

trigmachine

Reaction score
I paid £77 including delivery for 3 rail humbuckers and its the best value for money ive spent in a very long time!

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
I havent done the conversion to the dollar but it looks to be a great price

trigmachine

Reaction score
I just orderd another set for a custom build im putting together Il let you know how they go!

Dingle87

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with any of the humbuckers?

Strateuphoria

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with any of the humbuckers?

yeah man I installed the steamhammer in one of my strats, its basically a Dimarzio SD copy. (but I'm not really a fan of ceramic magnets, I would have preferred a smooth Alnico 2)

I installed the Irongear Dirty Torque and Blues Engine combo for a mate in he's std SG, yeah a massive improvement over those 498t 490

They guy is friendly and helpfull aswell, he designs them and get them built overseas, these pickups are thoroughly tested for microphonics before he sends them to you.

my only gripe;
I thought the hookup wires were really really thin, but maybe thats normal these days, no waxy clothwrap goodness here (obviously he's not going to sell you a SD customshop Antiquity, it doesn't get better than that anyway) haha

anyway, I'm sure once you have them in and properly height adjusted, you'll look like this :D

musicman

Reaction score
I also installed the Irongear Dirty Torque and Blues Engine combo in my home built Telecaster Deluxe.

They balance up well, the Blues Engine is clear & the Dirty Torque really quite powerful if a little "modern" sounding - a small gripe but I would prefer a little more mid range grunt.

I've included a simple coil tap, one coil shunted to ground, and this works really well too.

Strateuphoria

Reaction score
yeah they sound good in split coil aswell, I did the push pull vol pots.
Those Blues Engines have really nice authentic PAF tone

Dingle87

Reaction score
I think i may purchase the combo set they do, dirty torque and blues engine. I may also purchase a set of the platinum 90's.

Latest posts