Iron Maiden...

• Thread starter Dogs of Doom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I went & saw the Maiden in Chula Vista (San Diego) last night. Pretty good show, they are a way different band, than when I saw them last ('87?). One thing I admired, was that, they played a few classics, & they pretty swiftly went through song after song, but, they didn't do any shortcuts, like many bands do, they do a medley & cut everything short & play them like they don't care to play it, but are doing so, because it's expected of them.

Iron Maiden obviously chose their classics & played them through, properly, as could be.

Bruce, while getting up there in age, didn't do a bad job. There was moments where his age shows in his vocals, but, overall, he did better than some in his age range.

Here's a sample, recorded on the iPhone:

The crowd was probably the most raucous crowd I've been to, in a long time, especially, for an arena show. Very lively & spirited atmosphere. At least I wasn't surrounded by lightweights, or people that think the show is all about them blabbering what they could blabber anywhere else, & at any other time (but then & there).

They had Trivium open for them. They were ok, but, they were definitely nu-metal. I wasn't to impressed w/ their choice of light show. No spot lights, looked like they were playing a glorified club gig. They had some good rhythms, etc., but, the vocalist(s) were too much trying to do the Linkin' Park thing, where they go from screamo to ballad, or straight rock voice. & inbetween every song, where they talked, it was all about getting the applause level up, & comparing it to other cities, etc. :shrug:

Good show though. Maiden brought it!

Last edited:

johnny q

Reaction score
I'm going to see them in October here in New Jersey. It's amazing this band is still around making new music and filling arenas.

I have seen the setlist and the youtube videos, so I know what to expect. I really wish they would drop the two Blaze era tunes - enough already.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I'm so glad they're still kickin. I'm a huge fan. We had to pass on this tour. Wasn't anything in reasonable distance. Like you I saw them in the 80s several times and then picked up some shows since with Book of Souls and Legends with the full size Spitfire on Aces High, etc. They do still bring it.

V-man

Reaction score
They never come near my area so sadly maiden will not be seen this time or possibly in my lifetime. Priest will be in my back yard this fall and as such I will be in the 3rd row.

Im247frogs

Reaction score
I last saw Maiden in 2017 and was impressed as usual with their professionalism, length of show vs ticket price, and unbelievable live sound. They played a lot of material I'm unfamiliar with as well as the classics. I think it's great that they can write, record, and tour pretty much what they feel like these days due to their stature. I've never seen them botch a section, show up wasted, walk off stage, or any of that bs. They're legends and rightfully so.

renips

Reaction score
Great band. Dickinson can still bring the vocals. I saw them in 86’ at the Sportatorium in Hollywood Fla. one of the best sounding shows and also loudest concerts I ever saw.

jimmyo

Reaction score
Saw them a couple weeks back in Anaheim. Great show. Maiden killed it. The live renditions of their latest album material were actually heavier and more powerful than recorded and gave me a new appreciation of the latest recording. Love it when a band sounds great recorded and even better live. First 3 songs were off Senjutsu and the rest was off the prior Legacy of the Beast tour when I saw them in 2019. Finished up with Aces High with the full size RAF Spitfire WWII plane. Incredible lights and pyrotechnics.

My buddy and I hit up the merch stands while Trivium was playing. With hindsight a wise decision.

F1CD6022-222A-4074-87A1-F4DF5BFCF1E2.jpeg

Amadeus91

Reaction score
I was a freshman at Texas Tech in '83, they played Lubbock, Number of the Beast tour.
But something really cool was, on campus there was a soccer field. Maiden and their crew showed
up on campus and played soccer on the field. The crowd watching quickly got huge, incredible
to think about since there were no cell phones or internet to alert people.
Most of the crowd were high schoolers too.

aikiguy

Reaction score
The last time I saw Maiden was in Detroit (road trip) for the Somewhere in Time tour. I think it was called Somewhere on Tour. as I recall, Waysted opened for them..?

Maybe I need to get out more… lol… They were just near my place two nights ago and I heard it was EPIC!

Glad you got to see them!

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it was a great show but I have not been out to see a major act in a long time now.
Twice with DiAnno and once with Bruce
The show with Bruce had the best live sound I had heard from them at the time.
Great band and I regret not seeing them in the early 90’s.

Mitch

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
Up the Irons!

Seen them live twice. Been listening to them since I was 13. Cassette tape and walkman.