• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Is Marshall behind in production?

• Thread starter Back to Marshall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I put an order in with a prominent Marshall dealer (not some chain store) and have been waiting a while for a DSL100HR head. The thing is, they already had ordered some before I requested one. Just wondering if Marshall is still behind from covid. Anyone have any Idea?

Reaction score
Does Marshall work like that? I know these heads are made outside of the UK, but I can't spring for a $2-3,000.00 head. I already picked up a really nice used 1960A cab with original speakers because it was made in England. If I can get the bottom to match it at a good price I'll spring for that and pass the stack on to my kids some day.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Does Marshall work like that? I know these heads are made outside of the UK, but I can't spring for a $2-3,000.00 head. I already picked up a really nice used 1960A cab with original speakers because it was made in England. If I can get the bottom to match it at a good price I'll spring for that and pass the stack on to my kids some day.
i cant honestly answer that but a lot of manufacturing does.
buy bulk parts and build. no price cuts on parts by buying only a few
parts here and there. build cheap sell high.

El Gringo

Reaction score
might be waiting until enough orders are filled before the do a mass build off
That is the model/practice that some major corporations use . I wonder how Gibson , Fender , and Marshall do about this ? Rick , I think you are right as the corps have to "tool up " for major runs in there production facilities , with tools and supplies (we all know what a bear it has been the last couple years with everything going on getting supplies )

El Gringo

Reaction score
i cant honestly answer that but a lot of manufacturing does.
buy bulk parts and build. no price cuts on parts by buying only a few
parts here and there. build cheap sell high.
Yup, corps are not going to shell out for a few parts for an individual order . Versus a major supply order for the whole kit and caboodle .

Kutt

Reaction score
I put an order in with a prominent Marshall dealer (not some chain store) and have been waiting a while for a DSL100HR head. The thing is, they already had ordered some before I requested one. Just wondering if Marshall is still behind from covid. Anyone have any Idea?

I am guessing they are behind due to ongoing global crap but Marshall takes the crown for being opaque about their business activities so we'll never know. There is some digital switching and digital reverb going on in that amp and it may be taking longer to obtain the required chips. I'm sure there is plenty of MDF on hand for the cabinet and plenty of knobs for the front.

Just a guess

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Yup, corps are not going to shell out for a few parts for an individual order . Versus a major supply order for the whole kit and caboodle .
if they cant do it cheaply on their side they wont do it or sell it way out of market price range.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
That is the model/practice that some major corporations use . I wonder how Gibson , Fender , and Marshall do about this ? Rick , I think you are right as the corps have to "tool up " for major runs in there production facilities , with tools and supplies (we all know what a bear it has been the last couple years with everything going on getting supplies )
well guitars have fewer parts to source so there is that but i bet they do the same thing as amps.
thing is, it ist to hard to repurpose a body or neck to a different model run. also if you think
about it these days there really isnt a whole lot of differences between models of guitar
outside of bling factors. 100 different models of strats 100 different models of LP's, not much real difference between very many of them. playability, i bet 90 plus % of them play exactly the same.
probably more but im being kind here with that number.

El Gringo

Reaction score
well guitars have fewer parts to source so there is that but i bet they do the same thing as amps.
thing is, it ist to hard to repurpose a body or neck to a different model run. also if you think
about it these days there really isnt a whole lot of differences between models of guitar
outside of bling factors. 100 different models of strats 100 different models of LP's, not much real difference between very many of them. playability, i bet 90 plus % of them play exactly the same.
probably more but im being kind here with that number.
To take it a step further and to quote your # "100 different models for Fender Strats and Gibson Les Paul's " I would also add that is done on purpose as to make production easier in when sourcing lumber and parts and supplies it is more cost effective and better for there own production purposes . Also Corporations are in business to make money . So it's all a very cold and calculated manufacturing process to make that cash register ring loudest .

Reaction score
My dealer told me there was some issue with the company that was making the printed circuit boards for the DSL amps. Apparently there is a new company, but who knows when DSL's will start arriving.