Is Marshall ever going to add anything to the Code amps?

• Thread starter MarshallForum427
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you download the 479 users built amps you or most people can find something they like. It's not as bad as some would have you believe , The Iphone Ipad app is actually very good. Its loud enough for home, the 50 has a 12 inch speaker. You can squeeze some decent low volume sounds
Oh, there's definitely some usable tones in there, and the variety of amp / cab sims makes for a versatile home amp for the money.
I've had the 100H & 212, two 50's and a 25.
Always ran my CODE's through the Gateway app on an Android tablet - like a touchscreen control panel.
I was lucky enough to never have any serious issues with mine, but if or when something goes wrong with them, they're often unrepairable - or just not worth repairing.
I sold the 100H long ago, gutted the 50's and made them into speaker cabs, and the 25 is in pieces in a box on a shelf...

Pastararian

Reaction score
The code has perplexed me since it's released. I had the 100 watt head and I could not get any decent tones out of it or get it to be loud enough to play with a drummer and I was using a 1960acab with it.

The reason it perplexes me is because the JMD amplifiers which were Marshalls first foray into modeling, are leagues above the code. Matter of fact when factoring in the price Delta in the US, I would buy a JMD 100 head way before I'd ever spend the money for a 2203 JCM 800. The JMD does 2203 at about 90% of a real good 2203, or any of the JCM 800 amps.

The analogy I use is if I could buy a car at 1/3 of the price that does 90% of the things you want, You bet I'm going for that 90%. I don't know if it's the spendthrift family man in me, or what it is but I spend up to what I need. I could go buy a original super lead 100 tomorrow if I wanted to but why? That's not an amp I could use really.

My .02c

Last edited:

Latest posts