is that one a good guitar?

• Thread starter carlocki
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rdamaral

Reaction score
Can't get the link to open, but it says USA King V. If so, it should be a quality kick-ass guitar. And it sounds like it's the "smurf hat" HS style. Some look cool, some don't.

But either way, it will be an awesome guitar, no doubt.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
For the love of god, if you don't get that, I'm going to report you... A USA-made King V with the 3x3 headstock, TOM... Why would anyone NOT want one? :lol:

captcoolaid

Reaction score
I am not a V guy at all hate the freaking things, but that does have curb appeal even to a Strat guy like me.

Stringjunkie

Reaction score
I am willing to give it a go for you to let you know, just pm me for my address to send it to.

Nic9981

Reaction score
Any USA made Jackson is 'a good guitar'. I would trade at least half of my scrtoum for it.

rdamaral

Reaction score
That's up to you. Two COMPLETELY different guitars. I'm a Jackson guy, so you know how I would vote....

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
yes. i've wanted one for years but they're WAY too much money (like $5,000.00) for the custom shop which is the only real one i've seen anyway.

it's all mahogany, block inlays, neck through body, 24 X-tra jumbo frets with Gibson style hardware. it's exactly what i love but too much money.

carlocki

Reaction score
yes. i've wanted one for years but they're WAY too much money (like $5,000.00) for the custom shop which is the only real one i've seen anyway.

it's all mahogany, block inlays, neck through body, 24 X-tra jumbo frets with Gibson style hardware. it's exactly what i love but too much money.

you are talking about jackson?

V-man

Reaction score
That is NOT a good guitar...

That is a FUCKING AWESOME guitar. I have 3 USA Jacksons, and I have about 3 times as many Gibsons. A good Gibson is an amazing axe, but sometimes you don't know what you'll get from them. USA Jacksons are just fucking awesome instruments. If I HAD to live with ONE guitar, it would be a Jackson without question.

Here are mine:

d8ca27cc.jpg
100_0380.jpg
41c5d7dc.jpg

Will it sound like Iommi? Well, it comes down to what your mission is. A Jackson is not a Gibson SG. The Jackson has a 25.5" Fender scale and the Gibson has the 24.75" scale. The Jackson is neckthrough with a different tonewood selection than the slab of mohogany Gibson uses. Jackson uses Seymour Duncan pickups and Gibson uses all kinds of pickups (Tony used P90s).

So, if Tony played HIS guitar through HIS gear then demoed that Jackson and another SG, you will probably hear a difference. Will the difference be significant? perhaps. Then again, the same may be true of HIS SG and the other SG. The biggest issue will be pickups and you can order Gibson Iommi Signature Pickups (or some other humbucker-sized P90) later if it means that much to you.

The two big issues are 1. what guitar will feel/play best to you (for me there is no contest), and 2. how close of a Tribute band do you want to be? If you are playing Sabbath songs like Sabbath, then whatever works is fine. If you are trying to BE Sabbath (like KISS tribute bands do) then the KV will look out of place.

carlocki

Reaction score
V-man you always inspire me.
and among this KV2 and a les paul gibson costum?

rdamaral

Reaction score
That KV will have a neck like no other. Thin and slick, fast and sexy as hell.

The SG is like grabbing a fat chick with both hands and hanging on for the ride.

If you have a chance to own a USA Jackson, DO IT. You will not ever, ever regret it.