Jake E Lee on "That Metal Show"

• Thread starter VintageGuy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VintageGuy

Reaction score
Did anyone see the episode?It was good to see him back after so many years. I couldn't see it here in Greece but I read all about it.Charvel on their FB page posted a photo of Jake at their custom shop with a replica of his rebranded strat but with a p90:scratch: in the bridge instead of a humbucker (signature model coming?)

Im looking forward to hear his new album coming this year!

VintageGuy

Reaction score
english question!In the word "Charvel" which letter is emphasized?A or E?

50WPLEXI

Reaction score
It was very cool. At the end of the show he gave someone in the audience a white Charvel (2 humbucker) for stumping Eddie.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
It was very cool. At the end of the show he gave someone in the audience a white Charvel (2 humbucker) for stumping Eddie.
I typed that out, then decided not to post it, so not to be a spoiler (for those who can't readily see the show)...

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
He's on again tonight. I have last weeks show on DVR, but I didn't watch it yet. I really can't seem to get into this season. I don't know if it's the new format or I'm just getting sick of sideburn boy, but I'm just not into this season.

I find both cohosts incredibly annoying. Eddie needs better support.

woodddj

Reaction score
I watched last weeks and this weeks episode. I thought it sounded as if he was using a first act amp playing thru 4 maxwell house coffee cans, his sound Totally sucked! When I seen he was using a EVH head I was shocked as hell. I guess his mic must have fried and they had to use a beenie weenie can and a string to mix his tone for the show

50WPLEXI

Reaction score
Most of the guitar players tone on that show sounds very processed. Great players like Lynch, Stevens etc. I think the only two that had a cool sound were Paul Gilbert, and Doug Aldrich.

They should have Lemmy on the show as a guest with his 100 watt stack. I'd love to see Andy Timmons also...

Giblespaul2001

Reaction score
As a total Jake E. Lee fan, I'm totally not digging his tone. Love Kix too!!!

Yep, I saw it and I was thinking the same thing. He was using the Fender 5150. Sounded like crap. I thought he had the worst tone of any guest guitarist that had appeared on the show. I thought Doug Aldrich had the best tone and John 5 had the best "weird sounds"