• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Janes Addiction Marshall 900's

• Thread starter kustombob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kustombob

Reaction score
I saw Janes Addiction on Palldium a week ago. And he was using 2 Marshall 900 and a Fender amp in the middle. His tone was pretty killer. They looked like just regular 900's. They werent SX-L. 4100 MAYBE.But they rocked' I could do without the pierce Nipples but that is just me. :scratch:

Oldpunk

Reaction score
I remember playing with them when navarro was a long haired little stoner led zeppelin wanna be, funny how that guy did a 180.

Grandturk

Reaction score
Yeah I saw them in NJ a few weeks ago. Great show. Great sound.

Quasar-Kid

Reaction score
I remember playing with them when navarro was a long haired little stoner led zeppelin wanna be, funny how that guy did a 180.

Is there a better 40 minute ode to Zeppelin tribute album
than 1988's "Nothing Shocking" by Jane's Addiction..?

Zeppelin and Zeppelin fans
should be proud to call that one home away from home

:cool: That album should be immortalized in bronze and Navarro honorably mentioned in the hall of fame - for that 40 minutes alone

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
JA has been using 900's for some time. I remember reading that when I got my first 900 ten years or so ago.

Masliko

Reaction score
I think Navero is a tool,(hence why he is booted out of nearly every band he gets asked to join).He has a habit of telling BS story's that aren't trye.

from wiki

Dave previously used a vintage Marshall JCM800, but now plays through 2 Marshall JCM900 amplifiers which are dubbed Tangerine and Peach. For large gigs he will also use a Marshall Mode 4 for clean tones. In the studio he is also commonly known to use a Vox AC30 for cleans and a Bogner Uberschall for dirty tones.
With effects, Dave prefers BOSS. He uses a BOSS Octave Pedal, 2 BOSS DD3 Digital Delays, a BOSS Turbo distortion for extra volume during soloing, a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Pedal and several others."

Masliko

Reaction score

I dont like the guy but people change, and so does their taste of music, how old was he when you saw him -19?

I hated 70's rock once.I hated Van Halen,Eric Clapton,Bon Jovi and Motley crew(?) and still do!:naughty:

I think its the only time in history, were people who like different genres of music -openly discuss together what is a good amp,pedal or the like then argue about it with each other-its hilarious.

Blues player : "dual rectifiers suck" and so does the BOSS DS1.

Metal player "no, they dont,mine rocks"

Punk player" DS1 are great! dickhead.

Jazz player "look, your both wrong,10 watt SS amps are the best" and why do you have use pedals?

Metal player "10 watts! how can you hear it on a big stage?" and metal zones rule!

Jazz player" what big stage?we play in small clubs,you have no idea what your talking about,you should quit guitar!"

Blues player: Jimi hendrix started on a JTM 45 thats all anyone should need-anyone who thinks different is wrong.And metal zones are just a **** pedal.

on & on,its torture to read.

Oldpunk

Reaction score
I dont like the guy but people change, and so does their taste of music, how old was he when you saw him -19?

Dunno how old he was but I was in my early 20's. I just remember them arguing with us over who was going to open for who at some party in Santa Clarita, mostly Perry who IMO was/is a douche bag. Navarro didnt say more than a couple words, was real shy and timid in his bell bottoms and moccasins. Just ironic how he went from that to some tatted/pierced devilish looking rock icon, lol.

Leddyman

Reaction score

I hated 70's rock once.I hated Van Halen,Eric Clapton,Bon Jovi and Motley crew(?) and still do!:naughty:

I think its the only time in history, were people who like different genres of music -openly discuss together what is a good amp,pedal or the like then argue about it with each other-its hilarious.

Blues player : "dual rectifiers suck" and so does the BOSS DS1.

Metal player "no, they dont,mine rocks"

Punk player" DS1 are great! dickhead.

Jazz player "look, your both wrong,10 watt SS amps are the best" and why do you have use pedals?

Metal player "10 watts! how can you hear it on a big stage?" and metal zones rule!

Jazz player" what big stage?we play in small clubs,you have no idea what your talking about,you should quit guitar!"

Blues player: Jimi hendrix started on a JTM 45 thats all anyone should need-anyone who thinks different is wrong.And metal zones are just a **** pedal.

on & on,its torture to read.

I had to look twice to make sure Dreyn didn't post that! :)

Quasar-Kid

Reaction score
Dunno how old he was but I was in my early 20's. I just remember them arguing with us over who was going to open for who at some party in Santa Clarita, mostly Perry who IMO was/is a douche bag. Navarro didnt say more than a couple words, was real shy and timid in his bell bottoms and moccasins. Just ironic how he went from that to some tatted/pierced devilish looking rock icon, lol.

The real question I have after reading this ^ is something like...
I wonder if Dave Navarro and Perry Ferrell are still thinking about that time they ran into you..?

:cool:

Rezamatix

Reaction score
my friend is his amp tech and has toured with them as a tech multiple times.

Navarro uses the 900.s but they are modded. His cabs have GT75's in them. His amps kinda sound bright (i played thru one) , but he puts all the pedals in front (no fx loop) and uses a long ass cable to help cut down the highs.

the mod he gets to his amps are very simple resistor modifications to change the the high end a little.

other than that they are stock.

Latest posts