• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

JCM 2000 DSL 100 Channel Switching Issue

• Thread starter maico996
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maico996

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my 2004 DSL 100. When switching channels, it's like it doesn't switch all the way back to the Classic Gain channel and the LED doesn't light up. If I barely touch the cable plug in the input jack, the channel switches completely and the LED lights up. If I position the cable in just the right spot, the channel switches like it should without issue. I can replicate this with other guitar cables so it's not a cable issue. Any idea what is going on with the input jack? I've cleaned it thoroughly with DeOxit and no change.

Here's a video of the issue.

Adrian R

Reaction score
First of all eliminate the footswitch jack/cable/switch as a probable cause. Probably a poor solder joint at the input jack. Inspect and flow new solder if necessary. Looks like an easy fix.

maico996

Reaction score
So today I can't replicate the problem and the channels switch just fine. 😣

maico996

Reaction score
This issue resurfaced again, but was happening more frequently. Last night I finally got around to pulling the chassis and didn't see any obvious breaks in the original input jack solder joints, and didn't see any of the lugs moving. I reflowed the solder anyway and after 30 minutes of switching back and forth between channels the problem seems to be solved. Gonna play through it again tonight and have a gig tomorrow...hopefully I can call this one solved.

CraigerSS

Reaction score
I would try a different foot switch, and also clean the the contacts on the channel switch jack.

Regards,

Latest posts