jcm 800 2203 identification help?

• Thread starter carlsincharge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

carlsincharge

Reaction score
I've come across a JCM 2203 100W head that I am interested in buying. However there are some weird specifications featured on this amp and if anyone could help identify the year of the amp, or what the weird features indicate, it would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind I have not seen the amp first hand, I've just had it described to me via the internet. First, the amp has metal power switch and a metal standby switch. Second, there is only one input. I thought all the JCM 800 2203 100W heads had two inputs (a high and low gain input). Any help would be appreciated before I pull the trigger on buying it and regrettably later finding out that it is some bogus Marshall model.
Thanks

hardbargin

Reaction score
I've come across a JCM 2203 100W head that I am interested in buying. However there are some weird specifications featured on this amp and if anyone could help identify the year of the amp, or what the weird features indicate, it would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind I have not seen the amp first hand, I've just had it described to me via the internet. First, the amp has metal power switch and a metal standby switch. Second, there is only one input. I thought all the JCM 800 2203 100W heads had two inputs (a high and low gain input). Any help would be appreciated before I pull the trigger on buying it and regrettably later finding out that it is some bogus Marshall model.
Thanks

sounds like it was shipped for the canada market. that is the way it is setup.

The Ozzk

Reaction score
Mine it's an '82 canuck, metal switches and TWO inputs.

Cheers!

The Ozzk

Frankie

Reaction score
Yeah, Canadian models had metal switches. Maybe it's a 2 input model but 1 input has been converted to a PPIMV or something. You know the old saying, a picture is worth 1000 words. Get some pics inside and out, we'll let you know what's up.

redscott131

Reaction score
Thanks

Well......if you really want someone to place an ID on it, then you need to:
(1) post a picture of it, or
(2) post a link to where this thing is for sale online

If it only has one input and it's a JCM800, then it sounds like it is a 2205 (channel switcher and not a 2203)

Frankie

Reaction score
Right, it could be a 2205/2210 model, those only had one input. I've never seen a Canadian model though, that'd be kinda neat to have.

Sir Crunch A Lot

Reaction score
Metal switches means it Canada model and one input means it is a (2205/2210) dual channel. I have never seen a single input 2203 (stock).