!!!!! JCM 800 OR JCMdsl2000 !!!!!

• Thread starter ampshoping123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ampshoping123

Reaction score
hey guys im jsut thinking if i should get the 800 or the dsl 2000???

i noe that the 2000 was made on the specs of the 800 n old school plexis n shit but i heard that people would prefer a 800 over a 2000 anyday.

Your help would be much appreciated. would also be kool if you guys could give us your own opinon from a sorta disadvantage n advantage vieww .. haha thanks all

trigmachine

Reaction score
id say it depends on how much flexability you need i use a jcm 800 2204 through the high sens input and a couple of pedals and i basically have 2 sounds dirty and dirtier, the other guitarist in my band uses a dsl 50 head and can produce a wider range of sounds plus has an fx loop.

the thing about the jcm 800 is its been used by many great guitarists who have produced some great sounds and alot of people (me included) think a jcm 800 will give them some holy grail instant tone fix, but ive come to realise a great guitarist will sound great on any amp. I always sound like me whether its a marshall fender or vox.

bottom line is both amps have great tones.

Jack92CH

Reaction score
It depends what kind of music you want to play. If you absolutely require a dedicated clean channel, go with the DSL. If you're primarily playing with dirty or overdriven sounds, the JCM 800 is the ticket. Truth is you can't go wrong with either amp. Try them both out if possible and see which most appeals to your style and feel.

I used to own a DSL 100 but sold it after I got a JCM 800 2203. There was just no comparison for me. The 800 had everything I needed where I felt the DSL was lacking, but that's just my personal taste. Everyone is different.

chuckharmonjr

In Memorandum
Reaction score
About as far south in Alabama as you can go withou
I have both in my stable. The DSL when modded slightly (re: the joey mods sticky) will give you a solid 800 sound. I love them both quite frankly and play em both pretty evenly. The DSL is more flexible being a 4 voice 2 channel amp versus the JMP being a simple 1 channel.

Pants

Reaction score
Just a few things to add:

The DSL will sound better at non-lethal volumes, whereas the 800 will need to be cranked.

I personally prefer the 800's. I have a pair of 2204's and a 2205 (that I treat like a single channel). I use the high input with a boost pedal. I get my cleans from the neck pickup (of a Les Paul) with the volume rolled off.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
You can turn an 800 into a channel switcher by using pedals! I only use one channel on my DSL for the most part any way. I'm saving for a 2204, gonna take a couple years though but I'll have one some day.

Roymandiver

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I most definately love my JCM800 2210 I is really clean when I play yes even mu Classical Ramirez through it and it delivers tone all over the place with my Strat. I play everything from Classical to country to loud and proud shredding and I don't have to hurt people with the volume. I usually don't use any pedals my sound is all Marshall. I got it to replace my stolen 1969 a few years ago. It is a bit modified. I still use the old boxes that I bought with that original 1969 head. It was a beast.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
I most definately love my JCM800 2210 I is really clean when I play yes even mu Classical Ramirez through it and it delivers tone all over the place with my Strat. I play everything from Classical to country to loud and proud shredding and I don't have to hurt people with the volume. I usually don't use any pedals my sound is all Marshall. I got it to replace my stolen 1969 a few years ago. It is a bit modified. I still use the old boxes that I bought with that original 1969 head. It was a beast.

This, in addition to the fact the JCM 800 2205/2210's have built in reverb, an effects loop and sport a clean (split) second channel. I too use mine as a single channel amp. A loop is a must for me so I have installed them on my JMP/JCM 2203 and Plexi. This way I can have studio effects, additional Master volume control and Solo boost control at my feet. I say this as the non cascaded Plexi pushed with a OD pedal is "The" sound that (I) hear from most of the hair metal music I dig.

The Soundcloud below is ALL Plexi: Sounds like you might dig a YJM 100.

Guess what I am saying are that there are a lot of other models that may suit you as well in addition to the 800 and 2000 Series amps.

JMP
Jubilee
900 Series
JVM
VM

Good luck, David ♫

Chris gets into the heart of the amp around 6:30.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBxtErQuVU[/ame]

DAMN NOW I WANT ONE TOO!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts