JCM2000 DSL Dual Master Mod and manteniance - where can I get it done?

• Thread starter didrocks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

didrocks

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I don't know if this is the right section, but anyway... I own a JCM2000 DSL 100 which I'm very fond of. It's my main amp and it's been following me for the past 15 years. It's from 1997 and it broke several times, always got repaired from local "miscellaneous" technicians that work with electronics in general and not just on amps. Also, tubes have never been replaced since I own it.
I want to do a dual master mod on it, since I only use the green channel (clean with max gain + ts9 on this amp is just my sound and, say what you will, but I just love it). Also, I really think it's time for it to be thoroughly checked, retubed - some components replaced if needed, so that it can follow me for the next 15 years :) I wish this was done from somebody who really knows their job on marshall amps, and I'm willing to send it.
Trouble is, I live in Italy and I really can't find anybody who could do this. The few names I've found and try never answer me. Do you have suggestions? Thanks!

Tatzmann

Reaction score
If your willing to send out your amp you could ask Xavier at Dr.Tube in the Netherlands. He can install the Dr. Tube Stable Bias Kit in your amp and give it a general maintenance and checkup.

This procedure and a fresh set of powertubes Will set you back around 300€ (plus all shipping) i suppose, but your amp should be more reliable than ever before afterwards.