JCM2000 Factory Head Changes

• Thread starter Highroller54
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Highroller54

Reaction score
I consider when properly setup the JCM2000 DSL 100 watt amps are really nice amps. Due to the run away bias issues all JCM2000 seem to have gotten a bad rap. I've been picking up these heads, 2005 and newer and what I consider fair prices, I own 5 at this point in time. I never really noticed but a couple weeks ago I picked up a 2009 model. When I stacked it on the other amps I have, only then did I notice the cosmetic changes from the factory. Black Levant covering instead of Elephant, Black Pipeing instead of white and a flat black rear panel. Other than cosmetic changes are there any circuit differences, Once I installed a new set of tubes and biased the amp it does seem much more aggressive than the others I have, but that could be the tubes, all vintage NOS Ruby's, have had them in a closet for over 30 years. Additional info would help.

Thank You

Highroller

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
If it's an actual JCM2000, they were constantly revising the boards. There was an issue 20 board, which was the last one available before they stopped making them & are now obsolete.

There was a lot of minor changes.

The newer series (non JCM2000) had more changes right out of the box, trying to fix everything w/ new board design. There's a few revisions among them also.

Hard to say what's different in the one you have vs the others w/o being able to inspect/compare...

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
You're lucky, you got the MLB. Those supposedly don't have any of the issues that the other JCMs are plauged by.

They were only made for 1 year afaik so they're hard to find and from what I've seen, more expensive.

Been trying to get one for a while now but either they're not around or I'm broke when they are available.

Enjoy that one and let me know if you ever want to sell it.

Lance Chambers

Reaction score
That is a 2009 Marshall DSL MLB. It was limited edition. I’ve got one currently. A lot seem to believe it’s slightly different - but I don’t own another to compare it to!
I have a 2008 model. They were only produced two years. The amp has the issue 20 board but the only difference (other than the board) is simply cosmetic.

FWIW: I own 3 JCM’s and the new HR model.

:drunk:

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
BTW! They came with a matching MLB 1960A cab……..no B cab though! ;-(
I've been eyeing this one for a couple of weeks now just to see if it sells. The price is too high imo. Those cabs are nothing special afaik and I don't need a cab but have been thinking about offering $1000.

I thought the cabs were MG cabs or something.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts