Jet City 20 watt, is this new?

• Thread starter speyfly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RCM 800

Reaction score
Theyve been at it for a couple years now. Ive got the 2204 clone and its pretty nice. Wish I would have seen when they were doing the JTM45 clones I probably would have grabbed one. From what I understand most of the work is done in china and then they do the mods in the USA and slap the electronics in a domestic headbox. Id really like a 5Lo but I have too many amps lol.

RCM 800

Reaction score
I was unaware that Jet City was still around. Not gonna lie, those are tasty-looking amps for not a lot of dough!
Yea wish they would come out with a 50watt option for all their 2 channel high gain stuff.

Calebz

Reaction score
I have an old JCA50 head. Great amp. Not my daily driver, but still awesome.

If they're expanding their range of hotrodded/cloned circuits, I'd love to see them jump into something orange flavored.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 20HV for a while.
Kinda Marshall-ish, but also a little too EL84-ish for my taste.

Family Man

Reaction score
I've had the 5LO for a while. I am getting huge tones even at low volumes through this amp. Both channels are awesome, although the OD channel is considerably darker than the "normal" channel. I just use an EQ pedal to balance them out. My main concern is reliability. I've had to send it back once. They couldn't clearly explain what was wrong with the amp, but it came back to me working. I've also seen some bad reviews and videos of poor workmanship inside the newer Jet City Custom stuff. So, as awesome as my amp sounds, there's always a little doubt about reliability in the back of my mind.

index.php

'2204'

Reaction score
I've had the 5LO for a while. I am getting huge tones even at low volumes through this amp. Both channels are awesome, although the OD channel is considerably darker than the "normal" channel. I just use an EQ pedal to balance them out. My main concern is reliability. I've had to send it back once. They couldn't clearly explain what was wrong with the amp, but it came back to me working. I've also seen some bad reviews and videos of poor workmanship inside the newer Jet City Custom stuff. So, as awesome as my amp sounds, there's always a little doubt about reliability in the back of my mind.

index.php
Nice amps! Is that the SS 20w SLO? If so, do you like it? How does it compare in tone with your Jet City?

Family Man

Reaction score
Nice amps! Is that the SS 20w SLO? If so, do you like it? How does it compare in tone with your Jet City?
That is my Soldano Hot Rod 25. It is absolutely killer. I sound pretty close to the same through both amps. However, the Jet City actually sounds bigger at lower volumes than the Soldano. The Soldano still sounds great at low volumes, but the Jet City sustains longer in that scenario. When dBs get above 91-93, the Soldano starts to bloom in a great way. It is still tight, but the sustain is great from that point on and it growls like a bigger amp. I love them both.

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
My 5LO was horrible construction. Drywall screws on front and back panel. 2 corner pieces weren’t even all the way on, big gap. Tolex flopping around inside. And it had a hum even with everything turned to 0, loud enough that I wouldn’t do a gig with it. Had a red and black racing stripe theme so it looked awesome from a distance:)
On the other hand, today I received my Ceriatone 2204 and it’s a whole other world. Beautiful construction all the way around!!

tallcoolone

Reaction score
I've also seen some bad reviews and videos of poor workmanship inside the newer Jet City Custom stuff
This scared me away from a few used ones that popped up local. A great price isn’t worth reliability hassles

Family Man

Reaction score
This scared me away from a few used ones that popped up local. A great price isn’t worth reliability hassles
Similar sentiments here. While I loved the tone of my Jet City, I wasn't able to trust it to reliably work. I eventually sold all my amps and got what I really wanted - a SLO 30.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My old JCA20HV is now on the local CL.
Along with the Katana 212 I redid to match.

1706294301367.png

Pic in my office.
jca20hv.jpg