jrockett audio pedals

• Thread starter jeffp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jeffp

Reaction score
How well does it gell with Marshall ? plexi? 59,1987x,2203?
How about the archer pedals? silver? ikon? Select? Has anyone here tried the Rockaway?
Rockaway looks really impressive!

Last edited:

NumbSkull

Reaction score
3 Klons ? Why ? Are they different or did you just want to try them ?

I thought Klons were all similar, once you had one not much value in getting another.

I have one of these, do I need more ?

jeffp

Reaction score
I have an Ikon, a Clean and the Rockaway. Great boxes, they work great in front of an already breathing Marshall. Let me know what else you want to know
great! since you have all 3 of those tell me how do they compare? and what amps/cabs? any specific matches?
i’ve been looking at them just don’t know which one? i want to match one with my 59HW!
Do any stand out more than the others? or maybe they have different characters?

jeffp

Reaction score
This is a good demo,
I slightly prefer the HRM (Hot Rodded Marshall) but its close.
Sadly my pedal buying days are done because I have everything I need but I still like to look just in case.

great video! i had not seen this. i agree!

tallcoolone

Reaction score
3 Klons ? Why ? Are they different or did you just want to try them ?

I thought Klons were all similar, once you had one not much value in getting another.

I have one of these, do I need more ?

All different. The Clean is more subtle—no gain knob—also less noise, Ikon is the brightest, has the most bite—also the most noise. Rockaway has the eq so is the most versatile but still has a base tone that’s diff from the other 2. I also have a Chiron which has been my fav now for the last month or so. @Griff10672 actually makes and sells those.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a good demo,
I slightly prefer the HRM (Hot Rodded Marshall) but its close.
Sadly my pedal buying days are done because I have everything I need but I still like to look just in case.

Fairly cool video. I still prefer the Dude, because I have it simply for more low-end, low-mids. I play it clean to only slightly distorted. Such a great pedal for that clean or clean-ish Dumble tone.

The HRM sounds great, but I have plenty of other pedals that can boost the mids and top-end I hear with its sound samples. Maybe if the guy doing the video had turned down the Top End control and the Midrange a little bit, it would have been a complete comparison.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
Fairly cool video. I still prefer the Dude, because I have it simply for more low-end, low-mids. I play it clean to only slightly distorted. Such a great pedal for that clean or clean-ish Dumble tone.

The HRM sounds great, but I have plenty of other pedals that can boost the mids and top-end I hear with its sound samples. Maybe if the guy doing the video had turned down the Top End control and the Midrange a little bit, it would have been a complete comparison.
That’s the main thing that I like about the Dude, it maintains bass and is fairly transparent with good medium to higher gain. Cover’s most everything that I play and I have a Greer Lightspeed for low gain.

NumbSkull

Reaction score
That’s much easier to say than to do
Great, I can say it again next week.

All different. The Clean is more subtle—no gain knob—
This made my think my Klon Klone is not Klonny enough.
I like it but it is very high gain, the volume in particular starts high and goes to huge.
Skulls and high gain is good for me but it wont get me in the Klon Klub.

I also saw this and realised I didnt have a Bluesbreaker.

And you guys keep saying how wonderful Ceriatone is.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How well does it gell with Marshall ? plexi? 59,1987x,2203?
How about the archer pedals? silver? ikon? Select? Has anyone here tried the Rockaway?
Rockaway looks really impressive!
My fav and prolly most useable pedal, for in front of all my amps, is the Jeff Archer Boost/Overdrive.

Its the only OD I allow in front of my SC800H. It mixes just right without taking over. Just adds a bit more as i set it. And this is going into and amp that has the Lynch Module in V2 already. I cant stand my SD1 with the SC/Lynch mod. Or most my other pedals. The SC is finicky.

So the Jeff Archer works great in front of my Plexi, Sc800, Origin 50, DSL40C, Both EVH 5150 Iconics, OR15, and DR Z Monza.

The cabs i use are 212 loaded with Alnico Gold/H30, EVH 5153 412 with Heritage GB 20's, EVH 5150 Iconic 412 with H30/Heritage 65's, and an Orange PPC 412 loaded with H30/Redbacks.

Latest posts