Jubilee or Plexi

• Thread starter Copoz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Copoz

Reaction score
Now the proud owner of a Jubilee 2550. The seller was a great guy who had had the amp pre sale inspected by a local 'go to' amp tech who I am familiar with, but have never had the need to have an amp serviced with. It is that 'sound in my head' amp and couldn't be happier. I'm running it through a stock 1936 cabinet with GT1275s and sounds great but may look at swapping for V30s or find a second cab loaded with them. Also, have on loan a mint purple covered 50 watt Vintage Modern from a friend which is also an amp that through this thread was mentioned a couple times. No rush to get it back and have an option to pick this up at a very reasonable price should I decide I like it enough too. Off for the weekend and will be putting in quite a few hours with both. Thanks again to all for the advice and guidance and suggestions. I will get photos soon enough and post. The man cave is looking pretty good at this moment. :)

Last edited:

Copoz

Reaction score
Loving both amps. However, would be nice to have a true channel switching amp. Think I may pass on the Vintage Modern and get on the lookout for a nice used DSL 50. A JCM2000 model. It's a matter of economics after buying the Jubilee and it would be an amp I might use 20% of the time.

growboxguy

Reaction score
Now the proud owner of a Jubilee 2550. The seller was a great guy who had had the amp pre sale inspected by a local 'go to' amp tech who I am familiar with, but have never had the need to have an amp serviced with. It is that 'sound in my head' amp and couldn't be happier. I'm running it through a stock 1936 cabinet with GT1275s and sounds great but may look at swapping for V30s or find a second cab loaded with them. Also, have on loan a mint purple covered 50 watt Vintage Modern from a friend which is also an amp that through this thread was mentioned a couple times. No rush to get it back and have an option to pick this up at a very reasonable price should I decide I like it enough too. Off for the weekend and will be putting in quite a few hours with both. Thanks again to all for the advice and guidance and suggestions. I will get photos soon enough and post. The man cave is looking pretty good at this moment. :)

Found this on fleabay, seems reasonable to me!

2x12 Vertical Guitar Speaker Cabinet Black Carpet w Celestion Vintage 30 Spkrs | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.