Just got my JCM1. Help!! (box had been opened)

• Thread starter Bluez_Freak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bluez_Freak

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got my JCM-1 from a very large european retailer (by post).

My problem is that the box must have been opened at some point after it was shipped by the factory. The 50th anniversary sticker was misplaced on the amp and I also found the JTM-1 manual inside (instead of the JCM-1).

While I would naturally return it and get another one, we all know their are limited and the store has only 1 left in stock . They can't tell me if the other one is sealed and they can't reserve it for me. I am in the process of getting some refund from them but I would greatly appreciate if you can advise what should be inside the box in case i miss anything.

What I've found inside is:
- The amp (naturally!)
- The instruction manual (although for JTM1 but I downloaded JCM1 in PDF)
- Power cable
- 1/4 cable (is this speaker or instrument cable?)
- Certificate of authenticity and couple more papers.

Could there be anything more missing. There is no reference in the JCM-1 manual of "what should be inside" which is usual for manuals.

Thanks for any JCM1 owners for assistance, because this situation is really annoying for me :(.

Badmonkey

Reaction score
The question is: the amp works?
If it works , why switch?
Just because The instruction manual?

Sounds silly:lol:

Bluez_Freak

Reaction score
Yes the amp works, but I believe I paid a lot of money for an "anniversary" thing and I would really appreciate to know if I could be missing anything more inside.

Thanks

Groovejunkie

Reaction score
Sounds like you got everything to me. There are no special items included....just the amp, cords, and the certificate.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Bluez :cheers:

Congratulations on the new amp! Did you get the combo or head?

Bluez_Freak

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Bluez :cheers:

Congratulations on the new amp! Did you get the combo or head?

Hey thanks! I got the head - sounds sweet though I expected just a bit more gain from it. It's also not so bright as I would have thought. Very balanced and classic hard rock sound from it.

When pushed with a Hardwire tube OD in front it screams into metal!!!! :)

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks! I got the head - sounds sweet though I expected just a bit more gain from it. It's also not so bright as I would have thought. Very balanced and classic hard rock sound from it.

When pushed with a Hardwire tube OD in front it screams into metal!!!! :)

Yes, they're terrific amps, and I'd imagine you're going to have a hell of a lot of fun w/yours!

Ok, the cable you received is a speaker cable ... just use that as a temporary cable between your head and cabinet (will work find until you want to get something a little better ... they're not the best, but they'll do in a pinch for sure).

Groovejunkie

Reaction score
Yes indeed! And very repsonsive to guitar volume knob and pick attack. Love mine!

Bluez_Freak

Reaction score
Ok, the cable you received is a speaker cable ... just use that as a temporary cable between your head and cabinet (will work find until you want to get something a little better ... they're not the best, but they'll do in a pinch for sure).

OK thanks, I have many other speaker cables of better quality, just wondering whether it was speaker or instrument.

The Ozzk

Reaction score
Yes the amp works, but I believe I paid a lot of money for an "anniversary" thing and I would really appreciate to know if I could be missing anything more inside.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Bluez. I agree with you. These 1 watters will not be gigged by most users. IMO they are more of a collectors item although they sound pretty sweet.

I would like to have all the candy too.

:cheers:

Stringjunkie

Reaction score
You have everything. I tore the friggin stickers off of mine before they even got sat on the cabinet. Enjoy it, killer amp! The only thing I care about is the COA.

BeardedRetroGuy

Reaction score
I know you said you downloaded the JCM1 manual, but have you tried calling your local Marshall distributor (do not confuse this with your Marshall "dealer")? I contacted mine when I got my JTM1h without the paperwork and they MAILED me a set of the paperwork that goes with it.

Good people.

Bluez_Freak

Reaction score
I know you said you downloaded the JCM1 manual, but have you tried calling your local Marshall distributor (do not confuse this with your Marshall "dealer")? I contacted mine when I got my JTM1h without the paperwork and they MAILED me a set of the paperwork that goes with it.

Good people.

That's probably a good idea though customer service in Europe is usually worse than USA. I might try Marshall UK headquarters as well.

It's not that I "need" the manual, it's just that I "should" have it.

As someone said above these amps are like a collector's item (not your usual mass-production amp) and you want all the candies with it!

newbies

Reaction score
You got everything else man, if it's the sticker they put on the top then your not missing out in much at all!!

Ken

Reaction score

No shit! My "Marshall" speaker cable went out on me a while back; granted it was old but it stayed at home most of the time plugged in to the cabinet so it's not like it saw much of the road. And it's a SPEAKER cable; much simpler than an instrument cable.

Marshall should get out of the cable business, or upgrade their supplier. EVERY Marshall foot switch with an attached cable will have that cable fail in short order. Apparently their speaker cables aren't much better.

Ken

Darth Federer

Reaction score
It sounds like you got everything that came with mine except the sticker. That sticker was quickly removed though so it didn't leave residue on my amp. Plus those stickers come with all Marshall amps made in 2012 so they are not special. As long as you got the COA, that's all I would really be concerned with. If the one you got sounds good then I certainly wouldn't return it just for a sealed box.

Latest posts