JVM 1 watt - FUCK YEH !!

• Thread starter bulldozer1984
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezMark

Reaction score
1 watt certainly isn't anything that gets me excited...

Stringjunkie

Reaction score
1 watt certainly isn't anything that gets me excited...

Yeah right, while its a heat little gimmick I would like at least 5 watts. 1 watt gets some pretty sweet but yet very quiet tones, its gotta get just a bit louder for me to really enjoy it. :wtf:

lucidspoon

Reaction score
While it would be awesome, I'm not holding my breath for this until I see something else about it.

Rahlstin

Reaction score
I have a 2w/12w tube head (not a Marshall) and on the 2w setting through a 4x12 its pretty friggin nice and suprisingly loud.

MKB

Reaction score
I'm curious how they've implemented a presence circuit in a 1w amp.... it must be true push-pull in the power stage
Marshall has made a number of amps in the past that had presence controls not in a power amp feedback loop. In these cases the presence controls were in the preamp. As I recall they were simple RC networks to ground, with the R as a pot.

Here's one, the JCM900 Dual Reverb preamp. Look at the cathode of V2A: http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=489

Drake

Reaction score
Perfect for my bedroom, and one for my son...COOL! I'll take two.

PS, I'd love to see the micro stack that goes with that head!

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
The full stack uses a new Celestion 4-inch speaker rated at 5 watts each.

Frequency response of 255Hz to 10KHz.

No bottom end, but with 1 watt you won't have to worry about bottom end.

twitchylizard

Reaction score
Im kinda confused by the 1 watt JVM, wasnt the whole breakthrough for the JVM was that it was four separate channels with four separate EQ's???? Why make a 1 watt JVM if it doesnt have separate EQ's??? Still pissed they didnt do a VM..

Papus

Reaction score
I heard there's gonna be a 0.1w full stack so you can play it in the loungeroom next to th wife while she's watching some mindless soap opera shite without her nagging you

Papus

Reaction score
I heard there's gonna be a 0.1w full stack so you can play it in the loungeroom next to th wife while she's watching some mindless soap opera shite without her nagging you

rjtm

Reaction score
Im kinda confused by the 1 watt JVM, wasnt the whole breakthrough for the JVM was that it was four separate channels with four separate EQ's???? Why make a 1 watt JVM if it doesnt have separate EQ's??? Still pissed they didnt do a VM..

Thats exactly why I'm not very impressed by the 1 watt JVM and DSL. It beats the whole purpose of the amp! If I were to get anything, I'd go for one of the other 3