• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Jvm410hjs Issues

• Thread starter Neale Dunham
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Neale Dunham

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
Any one out there using a JVM 410 Head (JS or other wise) and notice that there is a distinct volume difference when running through the Crunch mode Green through Red?

When i play live with this amp, and i start off by using the Crunch mode in Green and then change channel to the Red Crunch Mode it almost acts as a Solo boost its that much louder!!?

Is there a work around for this at all? As i need to use these modes individually but without the annoying volume jump.

I think all 3 modes in the Crunch Channel are where the heart of this amp really lives but they are very unbalanced Volume between themselves. Its almost as if you need to turn the Channel volume down a notch every time you go up a gain stage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Neale:jam:

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
Any one out there using a JVM 410 Head (JS or other wise) and notice that there is a distinct volume difference when running through the Crunch mode Green through Red?

When i play live with this amp, and i start off by using the Crunch mode in Green and then change channel to the Red Crunch Mode it almost acts as a Solo boost its that much louder!!?

Is there a work around for this at all? As i need to use these modes individually but without the annoying volume jump.

I think all 3 modes in the Crunch Channel are where the heart of this amp really lives but they are very unbalanced Volume between themselves. Its almost as if you need to turn the Channel volume down a notch every time you go up a gain stage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Neale:jam:

It's been a while since I had the HJS, but if I remember correctly, this is normal. I don't think the amp was designed to volume compensate when switching between modes on a single channel, and more gain usually means more volume. I believe the intent was to setup a channel/mode for say, clean, rhythm, or lead.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
@Neale Dunham :
Hello.

Somethings you can try:
1) reserve one master volume control for playing through Crunch/green, and reserve the second master volume for playing through Crunch/Red.

2) If you do not run anything in the "serial/parallel fx loop," try using the mix control as a third "master volume" to attenuate whatever mode is louder.

3) Try inserting a EQ pedal, volume pedal, or distortion pedal in the signal chain for use in whatever mode seems louder. In the case of the distortion pedal, you'd kill the drive, set the tone for whatever seems best, and then work the level control to attenuate the volume. In the case of the EQ pedal, you can use the master level control to attenuate the mode that is louder. Ofcourse, you can also use either EQ, volume pedal, or distortion to boost the quieter mode, but use the JVM master volume for the louder mode.

I have a stock 410H that also has increases in volume and overdrive/dirt/distortion between some modes, which is normal (this also goes for most 410HJS amps I've played). Since I rarely use two modes in the same channel, I don't have much problems (I like to think of the difference as a boost). The times when I have needed two modes in the same channel, one of the work-arounds above usually did the trick.

Good luck with your amp.

atarilovesyou

Reaction score
Actually....I will fire it up to confirm, but I always toggle between the Crunch channels with different master volumes. Obvious question, but check you havent accidentally put mv2 or something in the memory?...that happened to me once. In Crunch channel, I find the volumes pretry consistent overall. Will get back to ya.

Latest posts