• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Used sc112 - speaker question

• Thread starter thesunship
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thesunship

Reaction score
Ok so I just got a used sc112 from guitar center to go with my 2525h head. The reason I got this cab and not the silver jubilee 1x12 cab is my jubilee head is black and white and so is this sc112 cab. Supposedly the jub 1x12 and the sc112 have the same speakers and dimensions....

However!

When I looked at the speaker in the sc112 I found this. I thought the sc112 had the celestion "v type" speaker, but this is clearly a celestion V30. Was this a mistake from guitar center? Do some sc112 come with v30s?

I found this V30 speaker a bit brittle by itself so I swapped it for a creamback I had here. I think it sounds better in the little cab.

Just curious about this. I was really expecting a V-type which I know are a bit cheaper.

Attachments

• image000000 (3).jpg
    image000000 (3).jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 19

thesunship

Reaction score
There's a used SC112 cab at my local GC. I'd like to jump on it, but they want $479 marked down from $699. :shock: Way more than I'm willing to pay.

edit: I guess that's a good price, they want way more for them on Reverb. :shrug:

Yeah I got mine for 449 from them but with shipping and tax it became 530

Still better than anything I could find locally, and it was mint, and I got a free v-30 to sell 😎

I know there are lots of good cabs out there, but I wanted the Marshall cab to match with the head.

I really like the sound of the cab with the creamback 75h.

Attachments

• IMG_20241003_222429.jpg
    IMG_20241003_222429.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 15

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score

Still better than anything I could find locally, and it was mint, and I got a free v-30 to sell 😎

I know there are lots of good cabs out there, but I wanted the Marshall cab to match with the head.

I have no doubt it sounds great, and now I see that was a good price you paid. I didn't know they cost as much as they do, that's why my edit. They want over a grand for some of them on reverb. I didn't mean to dis your cab if that's how it came across. I just paid about $500 for a Mojotone 112 cab and I thought that was crazy expensive for a 112.

thesunship

Reaction score
I have no doubt it sounds great, and now I see that was a good price you paid. I didn't know they cost as much as they do, that's why my edit. They want over a grand for some of them on reverb. I didn't mean to dis your cab if that's how it came across. I just paid about $500 for a Mojotone 112 cab and I thought that was crazy expensive for a 112.

Funny that I could get another 1936 cab with speakers for around 350-400 locally but these little cabs I can't find for under 500 almost anywhere.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score

$450 US with a V30. Very nice!
Here in Canada a new V30 alone is $240 Cdn!!

tolm

Reaction score
Supposedly the Vintage 30 is the speaker the Jubilee amps were designed for back in 1987 - I think the modern Marshall 2x12 cabs for them might even come with them? I’ve never been a fan of Vintage 30s though - far too brittle and harsh sounding to my ears!

I have a 2525C which has a Greenback and - I think - it sounds great. So great, in fact, that I’ve now bought a design-store black/bluesbreaker 2525H and a matching 2x12 from Zilla, also loaded with Greenbacks!!

thesunship

Reaction score
Supposedly the Vintage 30 is the speaker the Jubilee amps were designed for back in 1987 - I think the modern Marshall 2x12 cabs for them might even come with them? I’ve never been a fan of Vintage 30s though - far too brittle and harsh sounding to my ears!

I have a 2525C which has a Greenback and - I think - it sounds great. So great, in fact, that I’ve now bought a design-store black/bluesbreaker 2525H and a matching 2x12 from Zilla, also loaded with Greenbacks!!

Yes I heard a lot of speaker samples over the last few weeks and the V30 by itself wasn't very impressive to me. I'm familiar with the V-type from the DSL cr and when I played through the cab it sounded very different.

The creamback h75 has some of the V30 qualities, but not as brittle in the high end. Very nice speaker for 1x12 although I'm tempted to try others ☺️

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score

The jubilee can be a darker sounding amp, certainly, and the V30 soesn't sound so spikey. A V30 and single channel 800 to me would be horrid.

Latest posts