JVM410HJS lead sound issue

• Thread starter Malakiken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Malakiken

Reaction score
I have a 2018 JVM410HJS, the Rhythem sound is brilliant however the lead sound Od1 and 2 both have a "double sound", as though there is a slap back echo set, second not is very quiet but it spoils the attack. The amp has had a full service after the chip blew on the input jack. I am using a Jem7V. Do you have any idea what this is please guys?

spacerocker

Reaction score
It would probably help if you could provide a video or audio clip of this...On the face of it I cannot think of anything that would produce this sort of slap-back sound.....Have you tried it with a different guitar?

Can you explain what happened when you say the "chip blew on the input jack"? the JVMHJS does not have any chips in the signal path - but there is a part of the noise gate circuit monitoring the input signal...

Malakiken

Reaction score
Hi, there is a small chip behind the input socket, the enginneer felt it was some kind of pre amp, it was not on the 2016 model but mine is now a 2018. I am Using an Ibanez Jem7v and I have another jem which gives the same result.
This site will not allow me to upload an MP3. If you wouldn't mind giving me an email address I would be happy to send the MP3.
Thanks again for getting in touch. Ken Sturt

Malakiken

Reaction score
It would probably help if you could provide a video or audio clip of this...On the face of it I cannot think of anything that would produce this sort of slap-back sound.....Have you tried it with a different guitar?

Can you explain what happened when you say the "chip blew on the input jack"? the JVMHJS does not have any chips in the signal path - but there is a part of the noise gate circuit monitoring the input signal...
If you go onto malakiken you tube videos I have uploaded the sound on there. I cannot insert a link here as I am a new member, when you search it will show The Studio videos, thats the one you want. Thank you

Latest posts