• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Kahler Users?

• Thread starter SkyMonkey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dblgun

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the Kahler 2500 series and still have a few guitars that were made with them. The guitars I have with Floyds are nice as well but have always been higher maintenance.

mark123

Reaction score
I know a lot of people didn’t like Kahler because they had their bumpkin guit-fiddle “luthier” install them. Then they’d claim it took all the sustain away. You gotta recess it into the body 90% of the time.

Oops, already posted the HM Strat on pg 1...
It’s a good’un. Post away!

mark123

Reaction score
I have a Kahler Pro on a Washburn N1. I think the Kahler cost more than the actual guitar.
CEAB67DF-7C95-407E-93F2-A89E06E45610.jpeg

I also have one on my Washburn A-15V but it’s apart right now. It’s been refretted, which makes it need a new nut and I stripped it down and plan to repaint it and I got new Lollars for it so I have to cut a new pickguard and …
85229445-0DC3-47EB-B5AC-2D1F9E7A6C20.jpeg

Last edited:

jmp45

Reaction score
I know a lot of people didn’t like Kahler because they had their bumpkin guit-fiddle “luthier” install them. Then they’d claim it took all the sustain away. You gotta recess it into the body 90% of the time.

It’s a good’un. Post away!

My 90 HM Strat..

hm.jpg

hm-1.jpg

Deftone

Reaction score
My '86 Model 2 came with a Kahler. I swapped in a Floyd.

Model 2.JPG

IMHO the Floyd guitars stay in tune better than the hard tails. Once you know how they work and how to set them up they are pretty easy.

The Ibanez ZR trem incorporates some features from the FR and the Kahler. It pivots on roller bearings and it's mounted to the body, so it's very smooth and height adjustments do not require loosening the strings. The screw on the Low E side behind the pivot bearing is a removable Intonation tool. It also has a thumb wheel spring adjuster on the back.

ZR.JPG

https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/ZR#Discontinued

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
This thread is relevant to current interests.

I'm thinking of getting a guitar with a Kahler flyer on it. I've had a couple of Floyd Rose tremelos and I simply do not care for them.

Full disclosure. I am a hardtail or fixed bridge guy. I would like to own one tremelo equipped guitar though for certain effects.

I heard most Kahlers wouldn't hold tune because of the springs being worn out? But are fine with the right setup? I guess that could be said about any guitar though.

My other option is that I noticed that Kahler makes a drop in fixed bridge. As in no modification that fits in factory route. This could be another option...

Very curious about teflon glass rollers and a brass cam.

Last edited:

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
A flush mounted Floyd can be pulled up and down. Top mounted Floyds can only dive bomb.
OK.
Why are you quoting me?
You do realize this was in reference to Kahler and I said nothing about Floyd.

By the way all my Floyds were flush type and could "boing" but not as well as Kahler.

Last edited:

Deftone

Reaction score
View attachment 121978

Is your avatar you on a bike or just a random picture?

I once had a R1, 165hp and actually did 165mph on it. But I am not a racer.
Yes, my R6 at Sonoma (AKA Sears Point). Funny, I had an R1 I topped out at 165 as well. My GSXR1K pulled 175.
(Laguna Seca)
420891_4739480214492_1522435193_n.jpg

The R6 was my favorite track bike though.....(Sonoma)
10624080_10205970898621110_7927397869877732350_o.jpg

Relic61

Reaction score
Quick & Suddenly.. the mechanical discussions of the Kahler Tremolo evolved into the wondrous technological advancement & speed of Yamaha motorcycle engineering!!
It Happens folks!

LOL

Not a Yami but back in the 80's, I hit 135-6-7-8-9?? (stopped looking) mph on my V-45 Magna while laying totally horizontal on the bike (ala Freddy Spencer) with my feet over the rear lights when.. I suddenly developed severe front end wobble & seen my life flash before my eyes! I then realized, after (thankfully) safely coming to a stop, not only did I want to keep on LIVING but.. I needed to change my undies!
But that wasn't enough to give it up. It took a high speed police chase (adverted capture btw) to get me to realize I was NOT responsible when riding a motorcycle! &, that f^@k'n bike had to go!

Last edited:

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Yes, my R6 at Sonoma (AKA Sears Point). Funny, I had an R1 I topped out at 165 as well. My GSXR1K pulled 175.
(Laguna Seca)
View attachment 121991

The R6 was my favorite track bike though.....(Sonoma)
View attachment 121992
I did not top out, I backed off...............Louisana interstate highway you know. That is scary shit.

I almost thought about tracks but I just enjoyed riding. I did the "Dragon" several times but never made any record.

Deftone

Reaction score
I did not top out, I backed off...............Louisana interstate highway you know. That is scary shit.

I almost thought about tracks but I just enjoyed riding. I did the "Dragon" several times but never made any record.
Yep. I took mine to 165 and let off, same with the GSXR at 175. I have an FZ-10 (MT-10) now. Big Bang R1 motor in a Standard. I still take it to the track. It had a governor that wouldn't let me go past 150 but I had it re-flashed. Sonoma in Oct 2022....

T2.JPG

Latest posts