Ken Bran himself selling Marshall #2.

• Thread starter charveldan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
Gotta love the question someone asked.... "Do you still have the purchase receipt?". The guy made it and held onto it all these years. DUH! No brainer.... ha!

wolfsb

Reaction score
Yes spoke to ken himself it is a real one in a million chance
this amp was made by ken and worked with ,Dave gilmore and richie blackmore to get the famous marshall sound , this amp was his own personal one that he had things on it that he rolled out on to some later amps,
All the first ones were hand made by him

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty quiet. No takers yet. That's a lot of money, maybe even for that amp.

I would be concerned some rich spoiled retard would buy it and mod it. It needs to be cared for by personnel of the Marshall Estate. Perhaps an agreement could not be reached.

thrawn86

Reaction score
Buy it, mod it, make it sound like a Triple Rec? :rofl: I could see someone doing that.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy it, mod it, make it sound like a Triple Rec? :rofl: I could see someone doing that.

Hell yeah. People are stupid and inconciderate. The US has Fender and Gibson. That head should become part of the British Crown Jewel Collection.

thrawn86

Reaction score
It should, but then again, he's selling it, isn't he? If you or I were selling it, understanding that some young punk with a fortune to blow might purchase it, how would we feel about it? Knowing that we have NO control over what happens when it leaves our posession? Kinda like restoring a Shelby Cobra to all original and then selling it, only to have some punk install a crazy stereo, different wheels, paint, etc. to his taste, effectively ruining it?

If he felt that strongly about it, he wouldn't sell it on Ebay....he'd send it to Southerby's or some reputable auction house where a genuine collector would take it and cherish it. Of course, if you've got almost half a mil to spend on an amp head, that should be a given.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I think he's doing it as a matter of shoring up his finances. For all we know, he could be broke.

Maybe the seller's fees are more reasonable than the auction houses. Their fees are steep.

I once saw a real gold nugget that was huge go for $600,000 on EBAY. It was famous and had a wild story behind it making it more desirable.