Lead Mosfet 3210...

• Thread starter wakjob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
I asked the seller if their asking price was a typo. Buy It Now $624.99

This was their reply:

Hello and thanks for the question. No, it isn't a typo. It's the lowest number eBay would allow us to enter as a "Buy It Now" price. So, the answer depends on what you're looking for. Our best response is, if you're looking for a Marshall amp and can't afford a JCM800, you look at the option of buying a Valvestate or a solid state. If that's all you want, one of the new MGs would probably be more affordable.

I
f, on the other hand, you're a collector and looking for a unique piece of Marshall history that not only still looks great after 30 years, but sounds as great as any solid state ever will, the Opening Bid ($479.99), which is our lowest take, is a very fair number.

We've answered your question, very politely, although pretty sure it was rhetorical. Again, politely, sellers don't really want to be asked anything that isn't going to help them clarify an issue that may lead to a fair sale. If you're surprised someone even took the time to answer your question, it is only to maintain our own dignity as one of many eBay sellers who have a high sense of integrity and work hard to provide genuine customer care.

We hope this has provided you with the information you need.

dsn716

Reaction score
$625 for a 3210 head? They cost half that when I bought mine in the late '80's. And they are a dime-a-dozen these days. Yeah, for s SS amp, they do sound decent, I loved mine for many years. But that's a joke.
I would respond with a polite suggestion that they make an appointment to see their family medical practitioner, because they must have hit their head pretty hard at some point in the not so distant past.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
Good luck selling at that price...send him another email after the 3rd or 4th relist with a reduced price...

wakjob

Reaction score
Not interested in buying it. I happened upon it while looking for a head shell that size.

But it struck me funny anyway. Thought I'd share.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
There's a white 3210 on EBAY right now...not working so it will go cheap. It's says blowing fuses which usually means the chips have gone south.

Speeddemon

Reaction score
it would be a fair price if it included one of the smaller cabs...otherwise...LOL. :lol:

And I loathe that pedantic tone in the 2nd part of their reply
"...we've answered your question...blabla". They *KNOW* they're asking way too much and try to cover it up with 'ooh, look at us, being so dignified, answering your rhetorical shit and stuff'.

A real dignified answer would be "We hope this answer is satisfactory to you and explains our position", or "Does this answer your question?".

One of the sales rules that I've come across professionally has been "o.k./not o.k.", where you have to make the buyer feel o.k., by making yourself 'not o.k.'; that is: humble (amongst other things). Being high and mighty is making yourself 'o.k.', and will make the other party feel not o.k., minimizing the chances of a sale.

wakjob

Reaction score
Yeah, they came across with a politician/lawyer type of reply.

They know their price is outta line.

I always wondered how long people like this would sit on a piece of gear? Prides a bitch eh?

Latest posts