leaving head in a hot practice room...

• Thread starter chrispunx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chrispunx

Reaction score
i practice/jam in my drummers friends garage attic...i would like to know what would happen if i leave my head up there durring the summer for a few days...especially since its starting to get hotter and hotter now and it'll be a oven in there...even when we aren't in their.

The Ozzk

Reaction score
I wouldn't care too much about the heat... Tubes get pretty damned hot. My concern would be humidity if anything...

*EDIT
If the place is super humid just put your amp in a plastic bag with some silica bags in there and you're good to go.

societyincorporated

Reaction score
It probably is not good for equipment but over the years my equipment has been in scorching practice spaces, sub zero spaces, stored under tarps from pouring rain and I have never had a problem? The only thing I kind of regretted was keeping a couple of guitars in the trunk of my camaro one summer! NO more trunk transport for me….

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been in non-climate controlled spaces my entire career. Don't sweat it.

Humidity is the enemy. Normal storage temperatures are fine for gear.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my head in a practice room that had MAJOR humidity issues. The chassis was completely rusted when I took it to the tech, but that's all the humidity did... Just some rust. So even though humidity is a BITCH, Marshalls (at least mine) could take it.

Guitars are a different story though...

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
heat's fine (unless it's a guitar, you want it in livable NOT COMFORTABLE but livable temps)

if it's humid get a dehumidifier and yo'll be fine. unless it can melt fret glue or grow mold you're fine.

CaptainZero

Reaction score
I agree with all the previous posts, but... When you say "leaving head in a hot practice room..." I would recommend taking head whenever and wherever you can get it! :applause: