Les Paul Decision - Need Your Help (And Included A Poll)

• Thread starter dptone5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which Les Paul?

• Keep the 1991 Les Paul Classic

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Sell the 1991 Les Paul Classic and Get A Newer Les Paul Standard 60's

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

dptone5

Reaction score
How much do you want to spend is the question. $2500, $4000, $6000 and up? This will tell you were to look. If you dig Strats maybe a Strat body with hum buckers. Heritage makes some super nice LP's and 335 type guitars for a little less than Gibson, but every bit as nice.

I have 3 Strats and 2 of them are HSS. I also have a Jackson USA Soloist that is HSS. I love the tone of a humbucker in Strat.

ampeq

Reaction score

dptone5

Reaction score
I was thinking more HH, like some tele's are. Schecter makes some very sweet Strat and Tele style guitars. https://www.schecterguitars.com/custom/usa-production/base-designs/pt-custom-2015-01-20-detail I had a Nick Johnson Strat and it was the best Strat I ever played.

That is a great suggestion Ampeq and Nick Johnston is a beast of a player. I've actually been thinking about an HH Tele instead of adding a LP in the future. Andy Wood is another guy who gets some amazing tones from his Suhr HH Tele style guitar.

ampeq

Reaction score
That is a great suggestion Ampeq and Nick Johnston is a beast of a player. I've actually been thinking about an HH Tele instead of adding a LP in the future. Andy Wood is another guy who gets some amazing tones from his Suhr HH Tele style guitar.
Another thing I like about the Tele style guitar from Schecter is the neck is normal / wide at the nut. Some Tele's are just to thin and make it hard to play chords, but these are 1.670" like a LP at the nut. Plus the neck is what I really like best, .825" at the 1st fret to .865" at the 12th. (Very much LP again.) You can get Swamp Ash or Mahogany for the body, and Rosewood, Maple or Ebony for the finger board. It also has locking tuners and coil split for Tele sounds. It says they dropped the price to $2200 on their site, that's a good deal for that guitar. I like the one in the picture but you can order them in a lot of colors.

jtees4

Reaction score
Buy the new one. It is the one you really want. And in my opinion it will be the prettier one. Too much red is no good. I've had that problem with a few guitars, LP and PRS both. I also had a clownburst LP, no likeeee.

Kutt

Reaction score
Your chief concern seems to be around aesthetics rather than playability or tone. Nothing wrong with that if it's what makes you happy. Aesthetics weigh heavily on my gear decisions too.

I am in the minority and voted for you to sell it and get a newer 60s Paul. Just make sure to take your time and get one that absolutely jazzes you so you have zero regrets.

Exotic

Reaction score
ok first thing stop thinking about selling it immediately .
it's a very special guitar ,and ur lucky to have it .
if u sell it u will regret it to the point of actually trying to seek out another in which u will fail miserably . keep it till u die .
it really is possible to own the other guitar u want as well .
i had 3 guitars ,and i wanted a 4th ,but i thought man i can't afford it ,ima have to sell one of them ,so i bought the one i wanted and i found out i can afford to make the payments on the 4th one ,so i have all 4 now.

IMG_4922 (Custom).JPG