looking for suggestions/recommendations for vacation spots

Mike_LA

Reaction score
If you do a flight with a layover, Cali isn't too far.
Very cannabis friendly, warm and sunny
LA_Skyline_P1060358.jpg

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input. unfortunately though, SC is one of the very few states where cannabis is 100% completely illegal.

keep 'em coming, folks.

and by the way, take a look at this U.S. map. recommendations only for states that are dark green, please... LoL

little-girl-meme.gif

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
@crossroadsnyc - did I say something weird??

Well, I guess my thought was that you're missing out on a lot of fun vacation spots if you're limiting yourself like that.

To be more helpful on your thread topic, when I think of fall, the first thing that comes to mind for this time of year is doing a fall color tour to see the foliage ... as @Lo-Tek suggested, northern Michigan would be a fantastic choice! There are places up here ranked amongst the best for a fall color tour anywhere in the world.

Here are some other fall color tour destination ideas:

circles

Reaction score
'avid marijuana enthusiasts'. I like it.

Good luck with your search, I am unfamiliar with that area.

anitoli

Reaction score
Well, I guess my thought was that you're missing out on a lot of fun vacation spots if you're limiting yourself like that.

To be more helpful on your thread topic, when I think of fall, the first thing that comes to mind for this time of year is doing a fall color tour to see the foliage ... as @Lo-Tek suggested, northern Michigan would be a fantastic choice! There are places up here ranked amongst the best for a fall color tour anywhere in the world.

Here are some other fall color tour destination ideas:

Leafers.......lol.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
hippie-getting-stoned.jpg

Being from New England, I always head north into Canada. Great views ,different people, reefer friendly, and fairly close too.
😎
You're welcome !

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice! I always wondered what NY state is like, I hear it's beautiful. You wouldn't catch me dead in NYC, but I'd love to see NY.
Once you get past Lake George (exit 22), you can go anywhere west to east and the magic starts opening up.

Lake George was a fabulous nostalgic tourist town until the 80's when it started becoming modernized and commercialized. Today, it's like a dump of modernism. It's worn out, although Capri Pizza is still the same as it was 60 years ago (every summer we drive up there just for a pie). Better to head for Lake Placid, but even that's gotten to be a haven for rich snooties who, in reality, have nothing to be snooty about up there. You could spend late spring into late fall just exploring the beauty, the quaint towns, the old-town stores, etc. I could go on and on. You drive to there from anywhere in your car, and the minute you get out, the first thing you notice is the smell of REAL fresh air, and how you just begin to immediately relax, and the clarity of the starry skies at night, and the sounds you may have never heard before. You might not even realize it's happening - all your worries and concerns start to melt away, rolling off your shoulders, and it's as if you never worked that day job the whole time you're there, until it's time to go home.

Again, I could go on and on.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hot Springs Arkansas is a good weekend getaway. Check it out on YouTube, make sure you hit one of the bathhouses.

Or if you’re after more of a music and booze holiday, you can’t go past Nashville. A bit pricey, but a lot to see and do.

YMMV

Peace

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you get past Lake George (exit 22), you can go anywhere west to east and the magic starts opening up.

Lake George was a fabulous nostalgic tourist town until the 80's when it started becoming modernized and commercialized. Today, it's like a dump of modernism. It's worn out, although Capri Pizza is still the same as it was 60 years ago (every summer we drive up there just for a pie). Better to head for Lake Placid, but even that's gotten to be a haven for rich snooties who, in reality, have nothing to be snooty about up there. You could spend late spring into late fall just exploring the beauty, the quaint towns, the old-town stores, etc. I could go on and on. You drive to there from anywhere in your car, and the minute you get out, the first thing you notice is the smell of REAL fresh air, and how you just begin to immediately relax, and the clarity of the starry skies at night, and the sounds you may have never heard before. You might not even realize it's happening - all your worries and concerns start to melt away, rolling off your shoulders, and it's as if you never worked that day job the whole time you're there, until it's time to go home.

Again, I could go on and on.

One of these days I want to take about a month and drive from NE Tennessee to Maine and back. It will happen, I just don't know when.

Latest posts