Loose wire inside DSL40 chassis

• Thread starter 6Noswad9
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

6Noswad9

Reaction score
so i’ve had a problem with my FX loop since I got the amp. whenever I kick on the loop, the volume will be fine for a few seconds, then get noticeably quieter. eventually it will be almost completely silent at half volume. When i turn the amp off for long enough, it’ll come back at full volume then do the same. so i opened the chassis and there is a wire disconnected from the harness and im not too sure how to put it back in, as it wont fully go in but i dont really want to force it. what’s the best way to get it in? or do i just need to take it to a tech? thanks.

6Noswad9

Reaction score
photo for reference, black cable should be inside the slot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 25

6Noswad9

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Did you unplug the white plastic connector before trying to reinsert the black wire into it? (Assuming that's where it goes and you tried to put it into that connector)
thank you, and no i didn’t haha. i’m tryna be real gentle and i couldn’t get it to just slide out. i’ll see if i can get it now

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
that’s all it needed, slid the harness out and it wiggled in, just needed some pressure on both ends. gotta push a little to get things done lol, thanks for the help Leonard.

No problem.

Glad you got it sorted. So everything is good now?

6Noswad9

Reaction score
i got it back together and the fx loop is significantly better, but it’s still doing the weird intermittent volume drops. very annoying and idk what to do but it’s better.
and thanks both of yall.
i’ll see about snapping some pics but the whole areas a mess haha