Made a good to me trade

• Thread starter Chrome
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chrome

Firebird Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
.Screenshot_20221206-224407_Facebook.jpg

years of playing I have never been able to find love for the Gibson Les Paul. they are beautiful, they sound sexy as hell, but the way it sits when strapped on my shoulders, makes my playing feel like I'm cramped up in a little box (long time Firebird player here). years ago, I played a 50th anniversary Strat that I loved. I was in a bad place in my life at one time and lost it in a pawn shop. every since I have been looking for a unique Strat to take its place. on top of that, I like older/vintage gear. about a month ago, I ran into a guy on Facebook wanting to trade a 1983 Fender American Elite Stratocaster for another guitar. I currently have a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Signature T that pretty much is a case queen. we have been chatting back and forth for a few weeks. yesterday we finally made the trade. and here she is in her stunning glory Paul Signature T that pretty much is a case queen. we have been chatting back and forth for a few weeks. yesterday we finally made the trade. and here she is in her stunning glory here she is in her stunning glory. this specific model was only made for two years 1983/84. I cant find any production specifics, but I can imagine, their weren't a lot of these produced left handed back in 1983.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
.View attachment 120737

years of playing I have never been able to find love for the Gibson Les Paul. they are beautiful, they sound sexy as hell, but the way it sits when strapped on my shoulders, makes my playing feel like I'm cramped up in a little box (long time Firebird player here). years ago, I played a 50th anniversary Strat that I loved. I was in a bad place in my life at one time and lost it in a pawn shop. every since I have been looking for a unique Strat to take its place. on top of that, I like older/vintage gear. about a month ago, I ran into a guy on Facebook wanting to trade a 1983 Fender American Elite Stratocaster for another guitar. I currently have a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Signature T that pretty much is a case queen. we have been chatting back and forth for a few weeks. yesterday we finally made the trade. and here she is in her stunning glory Paul Signature T that pretty much is a case queen. we have been chatting back and forth for a few weeks. yesterday we finally made the trade. and here she is in her stunning glory here she is in her stunning glory. this specific model was only made for two years 1983/84. I cant find any production specifics, but I can imagine, their weren't a lot of these produced left handed back in 1983.
Nice! At that age what condition are the frets?

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I have owned two Elite Stratocasters and two Precison Elite II basses. The first Elite Strat was perfect except I could never get a good (to me) overdrive out of it. But that applies to ALL strats. The second one was rebuilt from acquired parts, but with regular (Lace Sensor) pickups. Eventually I sold that as well. Not even with one of my favorite humbuckers in the bridge could I make it sound the way I wanted it to.

I'm a Gibson/Les Paul/Humbucker guy to the bone. That's just how it is.

But I could stand to have another Elite strat, just with the realization that it's only for clean tones. (For me.)

In every other respect, they're fine, underrated instruments. Better than any other strat Fender ever made. (Same for the P-bass.)

It's because of me that WD Music has exact spec Stratocaster Elite pickguards available for replacements.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
You know there weren't a lot of lefties made of the Elites. Glad it worked out for the both of you.

Happy NGD!

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
You know, it's hard enough to find a lefty guitar, I bet it's even harder to find a lefty to trade with to get another lefty guitar. It's not like an amp or pedal you can trade with anyone.

:woot:

Chrome

Firebird Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned two Elite Stratocasters and two Precison Elite II basses. The first Elite Strat was perfect except I could never get a good (to me) overdrive out of it. But that applies to ALL strats. The second one was rebuilt from acquired parts, but with regular (Lace Sensor) pickups. Eventually I sold that as well. Not even with one of my favorite humbuckers in the bridge could I make it sound the way I wanted it to.

I'm a Gibson/Les Paul/Humbucker guy to the bone. That's just how it is.

But I could stand to have another Elite strat, just with the realization that it's only for clean tones. (For me.)

In every other respect, they're fine, underrated instruments. Better than any other strat Fender ever made. (Same for the P-bass.)

It's because of me that WD Music has exact spec Stratocaster Elite pickguards available for replacements.
I semi agree with you, but I primarily play Gibson Firebird and a JMP 2204. that being said, I play in a southern rock band, so I don't use an overwhelming amount of gain anyway and certain material we cover falls in line with cleaner tone.