Marshall 1917 head and speakers

• Thread starter Clarkespark
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Clarkespark

Reaction score
Hi I have inherited a 1917 head with matching speaker columns with 2 x 10" speakers in each.
I am not sure of the age of them I have contacted marshall to try and get some more info but they haven't come back to me yet, any info from you guys would be good.
I am thinking of selling it as this isn't my thing. It works and is good condition considering how old I think it is.

Any offers or info is welcomed.

Cheers Neil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 34

mott555

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with a 1917 but judging from the cabinet shape I'd guess it's a P.A. system. Maybe mid-to-late-1960's...?

Clarkespark

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for that yeah I think your right I believe it is a PA system I am struggling to find info on it any suggestions where to look?

Cheers

mott555

Reaction score
I'm sure someone here knows what it is, they just haven't seen this thread yet.

Clarkespark

Reaction score
Just taken the back off no clues of age, however it definitely is the PA Version shown in the picture on the suggested links (Thanks for that) which were dated 1967. One thing is for sure there are not many about. I have no clue what it is worth any suggestions who or where to get a valuation? I am in the UK.

Cheers

soundboy57

Reaction score
Contact bygonetones.com

He is george76 on here. He may even make you an offer.

The head is sought after, the speakers not so much.

Good luck!

Latest posts