Marshall 1959 HW bad warranty issue

• Thread starter Alexmi970
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alexmi970

Reaction score
Hi folks.... few days ago I received back my Marshall 1959 HW.

Do you remember that seller asked me to pay because I expired warranty with my swapping tube ))))

In the end seller didn't ask me anything, I didn't pay and I got back my amp.

I sent it on 18 November 2022 and got it on 10 February 2023.

The incredible news? The amp still doen't work.... I opened a claim speaking by voice and sending by email proof of fail.

You can see here the problem

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
You didn’t pay him, so he didn’t fix it. Your problem isn’t the tubes, there’s something wrong with the circuit inside affecting the bias on the one side. Stop running the amp in that condition. That problem would normally be fixed under warranty but those power tubes need to be replaced as well.

AlinSt

Reaction score
Hi folks.... few days ago I received back my Marshall 1959 HW.

Do you remember that seller asked me to pay because I expired warranty with my swapping tube ))))

In the end seller didn't ask me anything, I didn't pay and I got back my amp.

I sent it on 18 November 2022 and got it on 10 February 2023.

The incredible news? The amp still doen't work.... I opened a claim speaking by voice and sending by email proof of fail.

You can see here the problem

Stop playing it like this. It`s obvious something is wrong with the amp, the two right power tubes are red plating in your video, it needs a good tech quickly!

Alexmi970

Reaction score
You didn’t pay him, so he didn’t fix it. Your problem isn’t the tubes, there’s something wrong with the circuit inside affecting the bias on the one side. Stop running the amp in that condition. That problem would normally be fixed under warranty but those power tubes need to be replaced as well.
Yes I know... that tubes are dead and the amp is now switched off and sleeping

V-man

Reaction score
At this point, you have a malfunctioning used amp. You already dealt with the seller and did the the back and forth that brought you back to the same problem.

There is ONE clear direction for you to go: Stop screwing around with the amp and have a competent LOCAL technician diagnose and fix.

You can try to get the seller to recoup some of your losses after showing them the tech diagnosis and repair bill. You probably will not get anything back but maybe you get lucky. Either way, you have an easy-to-repair amplifier (assuming no major failed components).

Just have it addressed and move on with whatever lesson you can learn. You’ll forget about this in 3 years and still be enjoying the amp.

Alexmi970

Reaction score
At this point, you have a malfunctioning used amp. You already dealt with the seller and did the the back and forth that brought you back to the same problem.

There is ONE clear direction for you to go: Stop screwing around with the amp and have a competent LOCAL technician diagnose and fix.

You can try to get the seller to recoup some of your losses after showing them the tech diagnosis and repair bill. You probably will not get anything back but maybe you get lucky. Either way, you have an easy-to-repair amplifier (assuming no major failed components).

Just have it addressed and move on with whatever lesson you can learn. You’ll forget about this in 3 years and still be enjoying the amp.
I agree with you. I told to seller I will ship abroad no more and I offered 3 solutions:

1) Send me new one more Marshall 1959 HW (I will give back the one I have of course)
2) Refund me the amount of amp (I will give back the one I have of course)
3) Sending to my expert technical friend near to my city for repair

I don't mind about what they will do... but if they will not satisfy me maybe I will tell to everybody what happened... even to Marshall Company...

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just go to the Marshall website. 5 years on parts, 3 years on labor. Heres a pic of a hangtag I got with a new Marshall16763078481752053256917580311867.jpg M16763079478352412912309884384368.jpg

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would ask Marshall directly what my rights are, based on the date purchased ect.

El Gringo

Reaction score
But I didn't make any bias setting... I only fast swapped new tube, switched on stand by, heard strange tone from amp, blew 1A fuse again (but new tube was fine) switched off and understood was amp issue. So I putted back original tube and didn't make anything else. Seller can't say I broke amp. What would you have done in my place? Would you have hoped for a valve defect or would you have immediately sent the amplifier to the foreign seller?
I would send the amp in for warranty service after blowing the initial re tube of the original tube as you have exactly done . This shows something is wrong ,as this clearly needs an authorized Marshall service center to figure out why it's blowing the fuse .Best wishes and please keep us informed as this surely is a headache having to ship to Germany from Italy as that is not simple as going around the corner to your local music shop . I learned all about this the hard way a lifetime ago , as I had an Fender Silverface Twin Reverb that was blown fuses and I kept replacing them until one day there was smoke coming out of the back of the amp with the nasty electric kind of smell and when I looked at the back of the amp there was orange flame and I burned up the factory transformer . Big Mistake on my part !

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wooowww I didn't get this with my Marshall, and I even contacted Marshall company about warranty policy without answer... I look forward about your news. Thank you
That's all I got. I'm just some guy who buys and plays Marshalls, I have nothing to with Marshall other than buying their amplifiers.

I do know that's what the warranty period is. It was on the last 3 amps I bought new.

Find an authorized service center in your area and get it fixed. One way or another, whether it's covered or not you need it fixed by someone competent.

Alexmi970

Reaction score
Hi folks, I am here again… this never ending story

Remember 10th February I got back 1959 HW still in not working condition? I sent to seller the same video I posted here and I offered these options:

1) A brand new Marshall 1959 HW
2) Refund of Marshall I purchased
3) Repair of Marshall by a highly qualified technician of my trust near my city where I can take it and pick it up personally since the amplifier has already been moved several times, suffering unpleasant blows.

After 2 weeks I didn’t receive any answer, so I decided to bring it to my technician. He fixed some stuff and putted new tubes (I bought Mullard reissue Apex Matched).

So everything seams fine, he checked output transformer too but he suggest me to test amp in real and with high volume. So today I went to play it in more then half volume (6, 7, 8) and I noticed something on tubes. I made video and he told me isn’t normal… output transformer has problem. Watch this video… so I ask to you:

1) Is there really some bad issue to output transformer?
2) Should I buy original Marshall transformer (150 euro) or should I buy Mercury transformer (328 dollars)?

PS: seller answered to me after one month proposing to send Marshall back to Germany ahahahahah
I left negative feedback to shop in Trustpilot site.

Now I can say the name of shop: Kirstein.de Stay away from this shop.

Thank you so much

plexipaul

Reaction score
Pleeeaase STOP firing up the amp. At this point you may have a "minor" problem cashwise. You could make it (a lot) worse by firing the amp up. Can you give us a clear gutshot?