• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall 4203

• Thread starter Drdos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drdos

Reaction score
I'm a newbie so hey.. I picked up a mint, been sitting in someones closet for the past 20 yrs 4203. This amp looks brand new. No lie, I did the c13 mod on this amp and could not believe there was no dust in this amp. I love the sound since the mod, but the speaker just sounded un-clear Celes G12 Vintage. Put in a Celestion G12M Greenback and WOW. This has got to be the cleanest, clear sounding speaker there is... This amp will be my grab and go amp for small gigs. My only worry is that this speaker is rated 25 watts so no cranking I guess.

PSH

Reaction score
Nice score, I also have a 4203 and really like it. The V30 in mine is super loud and clear, maybe yours is broken? Let us know how that greenback holds up to high gain and volumes

Drdos

Reaction score
Nice score, I also have a 4203 and really like it. The V30 in mine is super loud and clear, maybe yours is broken? Let us know how that greenback holds up to high gain and volumes
Thanks. Yeah I think the V30 is either worn out or possibly blown. It just doesn't sound good especially when turned up. The greenback is an amazing speaker, and since I don't play with a very loud drummer I think it will hold up. Cheers.