Marshall AVT 275 -Problem

• Thread starter AndreasAvt275
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AndreasAvt275

Reaction score
good morning everybody,

hopefully someone can help. :)

i do have a marshall AVT 275 (bought in 2001). i haven’t used in years. restarted using it some weeks ago and since then i have problems with my two od-channels. like some sort of squeaking in the background etc. just annoying noises - due to the fact, that i never had that before when i was using the amp regularly, i guess something is wrong.

further information:

- the clean channel still works amazingly fine, even with a bif of crunch etc. no annoying noises

- the volume level of the amp is still like it was when i bought it. so no loss of volume.

- changed the guitar, cables etc. so it must be the amp.

- i didnt changed the tube (its one tube 12AX7) yet.

does anybody have an idea what the problem is. could it be a prob with the tube?

thanks in advance

andreas

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum @AndreasAvt275! I think it would be good to try swapping the preamp tube. That’s something you can do yourself. There is a chance it’s a tougher problem, like old electrolytic capacitors, but try the tube first. Good luck!

AndreasAvt275

Reaction score
thank you for your advices. i’ll start with changing the tube. then i’ll see! :)

i was thinking abt. a T.A.D. - heard a lot of good things about it.

and until then, i’ll enjoy the amazing clean sounds. :)

Latest posts