Marshall Bluesbreaker

• Thread starter HKC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HKC

Reaction score
Hi there
I tried posting this in the vintage group but nobody replied. It is a kind "in between groups" question.
I have a 90s Bluesbreaker 62 which I really like for recording. For actual gigging I wish it was had a little more low end though.
I wonder if that's what the slightly larger newer reissues are about.
Does anybody have first hand knowledge about this.

All the best
Henrik

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
G12H's would probably do the trick, but they are louder. If your right at the sweet spot for overdrive/stage volume now, they might through that out of whack.

HKC

Reaction score
There are bound to be one or two A/Bs on youtube of the two combos.
Hmm maybe I wasn't clear. I asked if the new reissue is deeper than rhe 90s one.
I am not interested in other speakers. I like the close mic'ed sound of them a lot, I just wish it had a little depth "in the room"

Bull Rock

Reaction score
Yeah everyone quick to respond lol...maybe look at the website specs. Should show dimension then you can compare. Sorry man, I don't know offhand.

EL34Norge

Reaction score
To me the 90's BB is better than the newer reissues. If yours has Greenbacks in an open back combo your not gonna get much low end thump. Even with the new BB being a bit larger it's still open back.. Greenbacks do sound killer in those amps.. I had your 90's BB and have played thru a new one, but never A/B'd them..

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
The 1962HW would have all the bottom end that you would ever need. The trouble is, I don’t believe that the hand-wired Bluesbreakers are currently being produced, and used ones are now going for around $4k.

I’ve owned both the 1962RI and two 1962HW Blusebreakers. I could also not get bass response from the reissue amp, as compared to the hand-wired amp. I was also running KT66’s in all three amps.

Perhaps the smaller cab in the reissue made for less bottom end. As others have stated the cheapest fix is to add an Equalizer. Speaker are a more expensive option.

goldtop0

Reaction score
Hmm maybe I wasn't clear. I asked if the new reissue is deeper than rhe 90s one.
I am not interested in other speakers. I like the close mic'ed sound of them a lot, I just wish it had a little depth "in the room"

Folks replied appropriately because you asked(and wished) if the reissue 'had a little more low end'...............no biggie just retelling it how it is 👍