Marshall Cabinet Caster Stem Size?

• Thread starter Donnie Ellis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Ellis

Reaction score
I really don't feel like paying $75.00 for 4 Casters and was wondering if anyone knew the stem size of casters used on 4X12 Cabinets? I can get 4 of these for $14.00 but they have a 5/16" stem diameter and 1" long. Will they fit the socket?

Screenshot (1).png

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
Mine slip into the sockets but I don’t think they are threaded. What cabinet are you going to use these on?

Sustainium

Reaction score
I believe the Marshall casters are 7/16 diameter if I recall correctly. The same size as my drum throne and office chairs as I’ve swapped them around at times.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
They are too long. I got one of the last sets avail here of the Marshall ones. Can't recall length tho.
See this for comparison length.

MCasterSet-large.jpg.auto.webp

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are not all the same. I would take one of my caster sockets to the hardware store and match threads to a bolt they have. Then you know exactly which threads you have. Length can be dealt with, but you need the correct threads.

I don't think $75 is terrible for factory casters.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Model - MX412AR
I don't know if they are the same, but the threaded sockets on my Code 2x12 are metric M10x25.
I didn't put casters on it, but I attached rubber feet with some machine screws.
If it's a newer MX cab made overseas, might be the same socket.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it has none now I would get a set of the Peavey or Ernie Ball pop out casters. I have the Peaveys on 2 1936 cabs and they work great. Sturdy, and if you dont want them in just tug them out. Mine were $20 a set of 4 and worth every penny.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweetwater has the Ernie Ball popout casters for $21. Similar to the Peavey variety if not the same thing.