Marshall Code firmware rollback

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah ha! I found it in a box with a VGA cable and a serial printer cable. :facepalm:
Looks like I'm still running v 1.44 :scratch:
I might have to reload my 1 preset. :D

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I updated to v1.46 :yesway:
It took about 30 seconds once I had everything hooked up and logged in.
No change to my preset, everything seems the same. :shrug:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Lesson learned, never update firmware especially on printers. Old firmware is never available from any company.

jeffb

Reaction score
I *think* I'm running 1.45- will need to pay attention next time I power on.

I've been unable to locate the proper cable anyway- all my stuff is in storage it's why I have not made any recordings of it.

Probably best to not fix what isn't broke.

kenpollard

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a Marshall Code 25. Two days ago I decided to update the firmware. Originally it had version 1.45 on it (according to the screen on the amp, I checked by pressing the PREFX, REV and MOD buttons), but after the update it now has version 1.44. However, I can't find version 1.45 on the Marshall website.
As version 1.45 can't be found on the internet, I think there are two possibilities:

1. Version 1.45 is installed on the newest amps, but is not (yet) available for download on the internet
2. The firmware version that was previously installed on my amp was't actually 1.45, but an earlier version, but because of a bug 1.45 was shown on the screen. I remember heaving read the same thing on the forum about an earlier version (after someone installed v1.41 the screen read v1.11).

However, I would like to re-install the firmware version my amp had when I bought it. Since the upgrade (or downgrade?) the amp doesn't sound as good as before. Before the update the amp sounded 'ballsy' with more low end and the response reminded me of a tube amp. Right now it just sounds like a cheap digital solid state amp, really bad. It's just not the same amp anymore. And it doesn't have anything to do with the pre-installed presets, as I build my presets from scratch. Please tell me how to restore the firmware version on my amp.
Try updating firmware. The latest version is 148 as far as I know.