• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall DSL40C No reading when checking the BIAS

spacerocker

Reaction score
Thanks I will persevere for a while longer just ordered new EL34 valves if that doesn't fix it I will be sending it back as I have until the 26th to do so.

Don't forget - if a valve has failed, it quite often blows an internal fuse as well, so just fitting new valves may not fix it. Changing the fuse is easy (if you have a suitable replacement) - but you need to make sure the circuit is fully discharged before working on it. This is the tricky part. I don't know whether the DSL self-discharges or not? If not, dangerous voltages can persist inside the amp for a long time!

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
So... Other than the crackling pot, does it sound OK when you play? Do all the knobs do somthing when you turn them? If so, it's a keeper. Does it blow fuses? Then send it back.

You will get the bias sorted later if it sounds OK.

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
A new to you amp is making a “loud humming/crackling sound”? Return it before investing any money in it.

Latest posts